Engine and NSMAdmin client refuse to install/work on DC
I have a strange problem setting up Storage Manager 3.0.3 at a customer.
The customer has a server 2008 R2 64 bit DC especially for IDM purposes (IDM Remote Loader, Exchange tools for creating mailboxes and also intended to be the Storage Manager server for the creation of home directories after adding a user to AD by the IDM AD driver).
First i installed the Test environment. I tried to install Storage manage Engine and Admin console on the DC with a user that is member of domain admins, enterprise admins, schema admins.. the lot.
When i tried to logon to the Admin Console, the console gives me an error: authentication failed due to logon rights not being granted to the account. The admin console does NOT start with the rest of the setup and the user does NOT become part of the NSMAdmins group (the group is never created).
Well.. after a week of trying, i blamed the DC and installed in on a member server. It went well, the NSMadmin tool logged in correctly and the setup was continued. NSMAdmin group was created and everybody was happy.
This week i installed the QA environment. (Those are new clean servers) and guess what. EXACTLY the same problem. I did some additional testing by installing the engine and admin console on a member server + DC and tried cross-connecting:
- Connect from NSMAdmin client on member server to DC engine: Failed login, no Setup
- Connect from NSMAdmin client on DC to engine on member server: Failed login, no Setup
- Connect from NSMAdmin client on DC to engine on DC: Failed login, no Setup
- Connect from NSMAdmin client on member server to engine on member server: Success, install continues and asks for the license key etc.
All attempts where done:
- Using the same domain user
- Retried with a cleanly created domain admin user
- On server 2008 R2 64 bit (both DC as member server)
There is a clear relation to this topic:
Can anyone tell me what's going on here. It seems that Storage Manager cannot be installed on a DC.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO