Having a test server running ZCM 2017 appliance, which I had plans to implement in our production environment.

Its updated to update 2a, and pretty much since it havent been able to download updates.
It worked in April, as the April PRU is baselined.

When I run "check for updated" I get a
"There was a failure when attempting to contact Novell Customer Center to retrieve available updates. Be sure that you have internet connectivity and that system update has been configured with the correct proxy information: : Read timed out
See the ZENworks Control Center log file (zcc.log) for the full stack trace."

Read an article that reentering the activation key would do the trick. However this also generates the above error.

Appliance is fully updated and had it rebooted without any changes.

In zcc.log I get this :

[DEBUG] [06/20/2018 15:38:59.654] [1507] [ZENServer] [123] [zenworks] [ZCC] [UpdateStatusList: Connection exception] [com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.System UpdateConnectionException: Read timed out
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getAvailableUpdates(UpdateDownloader.java:197)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getAvailableUpdates(UpdateDownloader.java:143)

] [Read timed out] [] [com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.System UpdateConnectionException] [ZENServer]
[DEBUG] [06/20/2018 15:38:59.656] [1507] [ZENServer] [123] [zenworks] [ZCC] [] [Error: There was a failure when attempting to contact Novell Customer Center to retrieve available updates. Be sure that you have internet connectivity and that system update has been configured with the correct proxy information:] [] [] [] [ZENServer]

No proxy is configured and none is required, the server can ping www.novell.com with success.