OK, we have been using Chromebooks for several years and attempting to use the iPrint Client https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...falaelbfgojdjf for about a year and a half now. My iPrint Appliance is currently running fully patched 3.2.0. The iPrint client is 1.1.4 and our Chromebooks are currently running OS v72. The problem we run in to quite frequently is having to uninstall a printer and then reinstall it to have a successful print job. This has been going on for about a year. We have a combination of Brother, HP and Dell network printers that these students use. The delete/reinstall issue is only on Chromebooks. The teachers have not had any issues printing from their PCs or Macs. They are running the most recent iPrint clients. In addition to making sure the Appliance was fully updated, we have made sure the printers have the most recent firmware installed as well.

So, in summary, I am in need of advice regarding the use of the iPrint client, and Appliance and our Chromebooks as I do not want to implement Google Cloud Print on them. Thanks in advance for any/all assistance.