Hi all,

After reviewing the documentation, and briefly looking at the forums, I do not see where it specifically states that running SLES12/OES2018 on vmware is supported. I do see Xen and KVM are obviously supported but would like to know if vmware (ESXi/vcenter 6.5) is supported? Are there any known issues running on vmware? My current production OES/SLES systems run quite well on vmware so I was hoping that this is a non-issue. This is for a test environment to work out any kinks but with an end goal of migrating production OES2015SP1/SLES11SP4 systems to OES2018SP1/SLES12SP3. I'll also ask this question here but if need be create a new post in the Migration forum - I've used the migration tool in the past to go from existing OES11 vms to new OES2015 vms without to many issues but was wondering if there are any major issues going from OES2015SP1/SLES11SP4 to OES2018SP1/SLES12SP4? I know the SLES12 base file system has changed to btrfs but that shouldn't affect moving NSS pools and other OES services to the latest platform, or is that a concern? I will thoroughly read the documentation and test before touching any production system but would appreciate any advice or caveats that you have experienced.

Current services:
DNS/DHCP
CIFS
iPrint
NSS
eDir
iMan
LUM
NCP
NRM
DSfW (testing)

Thanks,