PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean CA is the Priate Capital of the world



Jim Pye
20-Jun-2007, 12:59 AM
Just received this weeks issue of Time and the cover has an interesting
photo of the Governor of CA.

J
--
Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
The Ultimate Open Source

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 01:05 AM
3 questions:
1) The one with Bloomberg?
2) What's a Priate?
3) What are you talking about?


:)


"Jim Pye" <jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote in message
news:w5_di.4748$%54.4039@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Just received this weeks issue of Time and the cover has an interesting
> photo of the Governor of CA.
>
> J
> --
> Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
> The Ultimate Open Source

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 02:20 AM
I thought you were talking about Priapism. What's up with the buckle? :)
"Jim Pye" <jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote in message
news:bg_di.4751$%54.3335@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>
>> 3 questions:
>> 1) The one with Bloomberg?
>> 2) What's a Priate?
>> 3) What are you talking about?
>>
>>
>> :)
> 1. Yes
> 2. Jolly Roger <sp mistake>
> 3. Arnie'e Belt Buckle
> :-)
>
> This all means something if the cover here in the Asia Pacific region is
> the
> same as the US version which I suspect on occasion it is not.
>
> J
> --
> Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
> The Ultimate Open Source

Jim Pye
20-Jun-2007, 07:06 AM
Craig wrote:

> I thought you were talking about Priapism. What's up with the buckle? :)
> "Jim Pye" <jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:bg_di.4751$%54.3335@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...

Arnie is standing there, with his arm around Bloomburg, in a suit which has
a big Silver belt buckle with a Skull (not sure of the crossbones though).

Thought it was strange attire for a politician to be wearing, probably not
for a Terminator though... :)

And yes I had to Yahoo for the meaning of Priapism. Funny that, but when I
was living in Australia the ABC (state owned TV network) had a program
called The New Inventors. Where entrepreneurs can show off their wares, one
guy had designed underwear for this condition. Probably about as far as
this conversation needs to go. :-)

J
--
Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
The Ultimate Open Source

Mary Matthews
20-Jun-2007, 01:55 PM
Interesting that you would post this as I was watching a report on GMA this
morning about Bloomberg and Arnie running as a team for Pres/VP. Not one
mention from the press or Bloomberg & Arnie about the fact that Arnie
CANNOT ever be President of the US. He's not a native born citizen and we
haven't amended the constitution to allow non-native born citizens to be
President.

Interesting that the "informed, educated media" so conveniently "forgets"
that fact.

Jay Calderwood
20-Jun-2007, 01:59 PM
Mary Matthews wrote:
> Interesting that you would post this as I was watching a report on GMA this
> morning about Bloomberg and Arnie running as a team for Pres/VP. Not one
> mention from the press or Bloomberg & Arnie about the fact that Arnie
> CANNOT ever be President of the US. He's not a native born citizen and we
> haven't amended the constitution to allow non-native born citizens to be
> President.
>
> Interesting that the "informed, educated media" so conveniently "forgets"
> that fact.

Maybe Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan should run for president and vp.

--
Jay Calderwood
http://jaycalderwood.blogspot.com

Quote: "I'm alive... I think... Then again can it get any worse? Yes it
can...
There is this one place...really down south that starts with an 'H' and ends
with an 'L' that is really HOT..."

Mary Matthews
20-Jun-2007, 03:21 PM
Now that I would like to see! :) Just for the sheer entertainment value.

tdstr
20-Jun-2007, 03:37 PM
Jay Calderwood wrote:
> Mary Matthews wrote:
>> Interesting that you would post this as I was watching a report on GMA
>> this
>> morning about Bloomberg and Arnie running as a team for Pres/VP. Not one
>> mention from the press or Bloomberg & Arnie about the fact that Arnie
>> CANNOT ever be President of the US. He's not a native born citizen
>> and we
>> haven't amended the constitution to allow non-native born citizens to be
>> President.
>>
>> Interesting that the "informed, educated media" so conveniently "forgets"
>> that fact.
>
> Maybe Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan should run for president and vp.
>

NO!

Believe me, us MN people suffered long enough with Jesse's antics. No
need for the rest the country to suffer.

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 03:43 PM
When I went to school in Rome there were depictions of Priapus on ancient
frescos. I always wondered if they were complimenting him or mocking him!

In any case, you are right..strange choice for anyone, frankly. Especially
if you knew you were to be photographed for a major publication.


"Jim Pye" <jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote in message
news:ot3ei.4803$%54.164@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>
>> I thought you were talking about Priapism. What's up with the buckle?
>> :)
>> "Jim Pye" <jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote in message
>> news:bg_di.4751$%54.3335@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>
> Arnie is standing there, with his arm around Bloomburg, in a suit which
> has
> a big Silver belt buckle with a Skull (not sure of the crossbones though).
>
> Thought it was strange attire for a politician to be wearing, probably not
> for a Terminator though... :)
>
> And yes I had to Yahoo for the meaning of Priapism. Funny that, but when I
> was living in Australia the ABC (state owned TV network) had a program
> called The New Inventors. Where entrepreneurs can show off their wares,
> one
> guy had designed underwear for this condition. Probably about as far as
> this conversation needs to go. :-)
>
> J
> --
> Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
> The Ultimate Open Source

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 03:53 PM
There was a movement afloat to amend the constitution. The interested
parties have since lost interest. :)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/2004-12-02-schwarzenegger-amendment_x.htm







"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:4678EBDC.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
> Interesting that you would post this as I was watching a report on GMA
> this
> morning about Bloomberg and Arnie running as a team for Pres/VP. Not one
> mention from the press or Bloomberg & Arnie about the fact that Arnie
> CANNOT ever be President of the US. He's not a native born citizen and we
> haven't amended the constitution to allow non-native born citizens to be
> President.
>
> Interesting that the "informed, educated media" so conveniently "forgets"
> that fact.

Frank McCallister
20-Jun-2007, 05:19 PM
This brings up an interesting Constitutional question concerning what
happens if the people in line for replacing the President are not native
born ie Speaker of House. And does VP have to be native born?

--
Frank McCallister SBS MVP
MCP Microsoft Small Business Specialist
COMPUMAC

"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:4678EBDC.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
> Interesting that you would post this as I was watching a report on GMA
> this
> morning about Bloomberg and Arnie running as a team for Pres/VP. Not one
> mention from the press or Bloomberg & Arnie about the fact that Arnie
> CANNOT ever be President of the US. He's not a native born citizen and we
> haven't amended the constitution to allow non-native born citizens to be
> President.
>
> Interesting that the "informed, educated media" so conveniently "forgets"
> that fact.

Dennis
20-Jun-2007, 05:37 PM
I had an idea for a T shirt on those lines...

Priapism Survivor.......
It's hard, but I get by



On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:06:12 GMT, Jim Pye
<jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote:

>Craig wrote:
>
>> I thought you were talking about Priapism. What's up with the buckle? :)
>> "Jim Pye" <jim.pye@[remove-this]pyenet.co.nz> wrote in message
>> news:bg_di.4751$%54.3335@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>
>Arnie is standing there, with his arm around Bloomburg, in a suit which has
>a big Silver belt buckle with a Skull (not sure of the crossbones though).
>
>Thought it was strange attire for a politician to be wearing, probably not
>for a Terminator though... :)
>
>And yes I had to Yahoo for the meaning of Priapism. Funny that, but when I
>was living in Australia the ABC (state owned TV network) had a program
>called The New Inventors. Where entrepreneurs can show off their wares, one
>guy had designed underwear for this condition. Probably about as far as
>this conversation needs to go. :-)
>
>J
>--
>Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
>The Ultimate Open Source

unsigned@ @digerati.us
20-Jun-2007, 05:46 PM
LOL!

Mary Matthews
20-Jun-2007, 05:53 PM
I'd have to check, but I believe there's something in place in case that
happens. It's been awhile since I've read the whole thing. :)

Mary Matthews
20-Jun-2007, 05:55 PM
Glad to hear that because I wouldn't wish our current governor (Jennifer
Granholm, worshipper of the UAW) on anyone!

Jay Calderwood
20-Jun-2007, 05:56 PM
Mary Matthews wrote:
> Glad to hear that because I wouldn't wish our current governor (Jennifer
> Granholm, worshipper of the UAW) on anyone!

LOL... No one is as worse as Jon Corzine...

New Jersey makes Heck look like a tourist attraction.

--
Jay Calderwood
http://jaycalderwood.blogspot.com

Quote: "I'm alive... I think... Then again can it get any worse? Yes it
can...
There is this one place...really down south that starts with an 'H' and ends
with an 'L' that is really HOT..."

Mary Matthews
20-Jun-2007, 06:08 PM
Ours is increasing taxes so that "we" can pay for displaced UAW workers to
go to college at no cost. I worked my way through college and paid off my
loans...some of these folks were making in excess of $100K...they can
afford to pay for college on their own.

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 06:40 PM
If we could only bring back child labor!!! It would solve the college
problem and reduce labor costs!


"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:467926EF.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
> Ours is increasing taxes so that "we" can pay for displaced UAW workers to
> go to college at no cost. I worked my way through college and paid off my
> loans...some of these folks were making in excess of $100K...they can
> afford to pay for college on their own.

Doug Black
20-Jun-2007, 06:56 PM
Craig,
> If we could only bring back child labor!!! It would solve the college
> problem and reduce labor costs!
>
And eliminate the need for after-school 'latchkey' programs too.

Jay Calderwood
20-Jun-2007, 06:58 PM
Doug Black > wrote:
> Craig,
>> If we could only bring back child labor!!! It would solve the college
>> problem and reduce labor costs!
>>
> And eliminate the need for after-school 'latchkey' programs too.
>
I thought a certain some one in Washington, DC already has done that.

--
Jay Calderwood
http://jaycalderwood.blogspot.com

Quote: "I'm alive... I think... Then again can it get any worse? Yes it
can...
There is this one place...really down south that starts with an 'H' and ends
with an 'L' that is really HOT..."

Doug Black
20-Jun-2007, 07:22 PM
Jay,

Eliminating something is not the same as eliminating the need for it.

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 07:44 PM
More than that actually. Children in Saipan make our clothing now that
nobody stands in the way of cheap labor.

The great thing is that the lables can still proudly say "Made in the USA!"
because the Northern Marianas are a commonwealth.

The Onion had a funny news reel espousing the Gap's new clothing line
called, "For Kids, by Kids!", seen here:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/gap_unveils_new_for_kids_by_kids




"Mary Matthews" <mlm23NO@SPAMcalvin.edu> wrote in message
news:46793225.F781.00FC.0@SPAMcalvin.edu...
>I thought we still had child labor...at least according to my nephews we
> do...poor kids have to occassionally mow the lawn before they can play the
> latest video game (they've got all the systems).
>
> The problem with the governor's plan is that ONLY the displaced UAW
> workers
> can gain access to those funds...no other displace workers can use them
> (like the folks at the restaurant that closed because the plant closed,
> etc...). I'd much rather see them change the community college and state
> college systems to be more like what California has with tax payer's
> support. It still costs money, but not nearly what the schools out here
> do.

Mary Matthews
20-Jun-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't remember having "latchkey" programs when I was growing up - and I
was a latchkey kid. I did have lots of chores to do, in addition to
reporting into the lady that lived across the street and kept an eye on us.
Plus homework...

Doug Black
20-Jun-2007, 09:17 PM
Mary Matthews wrote:
> I don't remember having "latchkey" programs when I was growing up - and I
> was a latchkey kid. I did have lots of chores to do, in addition to
> reporting into the lady that lived across the street and kept an eye on us.
> Plus homework...

Like as not, the lady that lived across the street now works too (well,
not the *same* lady, but you know what I mean). I can't speak for
everyone, but I felt better knowing my 8-year-old daughter was in a
controlled environment until her mother or I got home from work.

Rick Chisholm
20-Jun-2007, 09:32 PM
were the folks who wrote the constitution native born?

--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Dan C.
20-Jun-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, to the place where they were born! ;)

Rick Chisholm wrote:
> were the folks who wrote the constitution native born?
>

Craig
20-Jun-2007, 11:00 PM
The spoiled little rugrats want hand protection, do they?!?!?! :)



"Doug Black" <""dougd otb lack\"@osumc .edu"> wrote in message
news:bTdei.5159$%54.1429@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig,
>> If we could only bring back child labor!!! It would solve the college
>> problem and reduce labor costs!
>>
> And eliminate the need for after-school 'latchkey' programs too.
>

Jim Pye
21-Jun-2007, 12:45 AM
Mary Matthews wrote:

> Now that I would like to see! :) Just for the sheer entertainment value.
Would make the Senate hearing (or whatever they are called - Kiwi here)
interesting. Who can back flip who - hold on isn't that a real Australian
political term :-) - helicopter spins, diving knee smashes, pole driver
crunches etc.

J
--
Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
The Ultimate Open Source

Jim Pye
21-Jun-2007, 12:49 AM
Doug Black wrote:

> Oh, why stop there? I'm envisioning the market for a device that will
> allow a sufferer to go, errr, Number One. Something like this might do:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/04/27/ngrav27.jpg
Isn't that for peoples with back problems. I know in the past I would have
given my first born for something like this when I had some issues with
mine.


--
Pye, James Pye, chmod 007
The Ultimate Open Source