PDA

View Full Version : New Toy



Blinky Bill
29-Jun-2007, 01:49 PM
Prolly old news for those in USA but I just got my Blackberry 8800
today. Sooo much nicer than the 7290 I used to have, although much more
consumer oriented which means I won"t be able to drive over it in my
car anymore.

--

Jay Calderwood
29-Jun-2007, 01:52 PM
Blinky Bill wrote:
> Prolly old news for those in USA but I just got my Blackberry 8800
> today. Sooo much nicer than the 7290 I used to have, although much more
> consumer oriented which means I won"t be able to drive over it in my
> car anymore.
>

*sniffle* I *so* want one.... I wonder if nextel will put em out...


I waited in line for an IPhone for 3 days to realize it didn't work with
Nextel... (just kidding there)

--
Jay Calderwood
http://jaycalderwood.blogspot.com

Quote: "I'm alive... I think... Then again can it get any worse? Yes it
can...
There is this one place...really down south that starts with an 'H' and ends
with an 'L' that is really HOT..."

Blinky Bill
29-Jun-2007, 02:00 PM
Jay Calderwood wrote:

> Blinky Bill wrote:
> > Prolly old news for those in USA but I just got my Blackberry 8800
> > today. Sooo much nicer than the 7290 I used to have, although much
> > more consumer oriented which means I won"t be able to drive over it
> > in my car anymore.
> >
>
> sniffle I so want one.... I wonder if nextel will put em out...
>
>
> I waited in line for an IPhone for 3 days to realize it didn't work
> with Nextel... (just kidding there)

My boss wants an iPhone, I think he will be very disappointed.

--

unsigned@ @digerati.us
29-Jun-2007, 02:49 PM
I want an iPhone too, but alas, no 3G, so no iPhone for me. No way I'm
going back to Edge.

Blinky Bill wrote:
> My boss wants an iPhone, I think he will be very disappointed.
>

Blinky Bill
29-Jun-2007, 02:54 PM
unsigned@ @digerati.us wrote:

> I want an iPhone too, but alas, no 3G, so no iPhone for me. No way
> I'm going back to Edge.
>
> Blinky Bill wrote:
> > My boss wants an iPhone, I think he will be very disappointed.
> >

That is why I have a data card as well as my mobile.

Blackberry does not have maps for Australia! What is the use of having
a phone with GPS if you cannot use it!

--

Rick Chisholm
29-Jun-2007, 03:07 PM
there's plenty of other devices out there that make perfectly good wheel
chocks...
--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

dan c.
29-Jun-2007, 03:18 PM
You're supposed to hold it upside-down, then you'll see the right maps...

Blinky Bill wrote:
>
> Blackberry does not have maps for Australia! What is the use of having
> a phone with GPS if you cannot use it!
>

Blinky Bill
29-Jun-2007, 03:42 PM
dan c. wrote:

> You're supposed to hold it upside-down, then you'll see the right
> maps...
>
> Blinky Bill wrote:
> >
> > Blackberry does not have maps for Australia! What is the use of
> > having a phone with GPS if you cannot use it!
> >

ROFL

--

Blinky Bill
29-Jun-2007, 03:43 PM
Rick Chisholm wrote:

> there's plenty of other devices out there that make perfectly good
> wheel chocks...

LOL, I hated Blackberry's before I started to use one.

Could not live without it now.

--

dan c.
29-Jun-2007, 04:07 PM
It's how I found Alice Springs... ;)

Blinky Bill wrote:
> dan c. wrote:
>
>> You're supposed to hold it upside-down, then you'll see the right
>> maps...
>>
>> Blinky Bill wrote:
>>> Blackberry does not have maps for Australia! What is the use of
>>> having a phone with GPS if you cannot use it!
>>>
>
> ROFL
>

Brad Averbeck
29-Jun-2007, 10:16 PM
Blinky Bill wrote:
> unsigned@ @digerati.us wrote:
>
>
>>I want an iPhone too, but alas, no 3G, so no iPhone for me. No way
>>I'm going back to Edge.
>>
>>Blinky Bill wrote:
>>
>>>My boss wants an iPhone, I think he will be very disappointed.
>>>
>
>
> That is why I have a data card as well as my mobile.
>
> Blackberry does not have maps for Australia! What is the use of having
> a phone with GPS if you cannot use it!
>
Have you tried Google Maps for the blackberry? The latest edition has
GPS support.

Brad

Blinky Bill
30-Jun-2007, 11:51 AM
> Have you tried Google Maps for the blackberry? The latest edition has
> GPS support.
>
> Brad

I will look into it, thanks

--