PDA

View Full Version : Got my new iPhone



Elrey
29-Jun-2007, 05:53 PM
No not really! Seriously who's going to pay $500 for that thing? Anyone... ?

tdstr
29-Jun-2007, 05:58 PM
Elrey wrote:
> No not really! Seriously who's going to pay $500 for that thing?
> Anyone... ?

Judging from the general media reports, a lot of people.

Look at the iPod, all it is , is a overpriced Walkman and look how
people flocked to it.

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75

G of Borg
29-Jun-2007, 06:05 PM
So now you get an over priced walkman that is a phone too.
What's not to like? :)

dan c.
29-Jun-2007, 06:08 PM
I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.

G of Borg wrote:
> So now you get an over priced walkman that is a phone too.
> What's not to like? :)
>

Craig
29-Jun-2007, 06:11 PM
I tave hrouble jus ttypinegr.
"dan c." <dytcheung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:30bhi.1229$8i6.1164@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.
>
> G of Borg wrote:
>> So now you get an over priced walkman that is a phone too.
>> What's not to like? :)
>>

tdstr
29-Jun-2007, 06:12 PM
G of Borg wrote:
> So now you get an over priced walkman that is a phone too.
> What's not to like? :)
>

Actually, I like the iPhone. I'm just not too thrilled to shell out 500
bones to be a beta tester.

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75

Stevo
29-Jun-2007, 06:13 PM
dan c. scribbled something like:

> I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.

I'm waiting for all the idiots that are going to be walking (or
driving) & watching tv on their fancy phones. How long before one of
them isn't paying att'n & walks in front of a moving bus or drives thru
a red light?

Greg B
29-Jun-2007, 06:19 PM
Craig wrote:
> I tave hrouble jus ttypinegr.



hahahaha ;) funny stuff!!

Incognito
29-Jun-2007, 06:42 PM
Line me up ... I will "Try" and get one this weekend.

brain
29-Jun-2007, 06:44 PM
Did someone mentions Beta Test? ou beta test for me for free! You might
even win fabulous prizes.

See the Beta Test post above!

(did that sound exciting enough? I can add more "!"s if needed)

--
brain, not brain


tdstr scrivi:

> G of Borg wrote:
> > So now you get an over priced walkman that is a phone too.
> > What's not to like? :)
> >
>
> Actually, I like the iPhone. I'm just not too thrilled to shell out
> 500 bones to be a beta tester.
>
> Ted Novak
> TRA#5512
> IEAS#75

unsigned@ @digerati.us
29-Jun-2007, 06:51 PM
Um, you do know people have been doing that with their 3G WM5 devices
right? The Blackjack and 8525 have been available for 8 months now on
ATT alone.

Stevo wrote:
> dan c. scribbled something like:
>
>> I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.
>
> I'm waiting for all the idiots that are going to be walking (or
> driving) & watching tv on their fancy phones. How long before one of
> them isn't paying att'n & walks in front of a moving bus or drives thru
> a red light?

unsigned@ @digerati.us
29-Jun-2007, 07:01 PM
I paid $400 for my 8525, why not pay a bit more for a device that
actually has features? Ever tried web browsing on Pocket IE? Painful is
about the only way it can be described. Playing MP3's? Yeah, by
definition it does do that, but playlists, favorites, song ranking, all
the things that make the ipod great are nowhere to be seen. Headphone
jack? lolz. Size? Carrying a one inch thick phone is a blast. I should
just go back to a palm and a bag phone while I'm at it.

Its the best PDA/Phone around, but its really yesterday's UI and feature
list. IMHO, Palm is actually worse off, devices like the 755p are very
disappointing.

Now all that being said, I'm not buying one. I want one, but I am going
to wait. If they make a 3G model, I'd be all over it. :D



Elrey wrote:
> No not really! Seriously who's going to pay $500 for that thing?
> Anyone... ?

G of Borg
29-Jun-2007, 07:42 PM
The real question is what is Microsoft doing?
ZunePhone? Zone?

Stevo
29-Jun-2007, 08:14 PM
unsigned@ @digerati.us scribbled something like:

> Um, you do know people have been doing that with their 3G WM5 devices
> right? The Blackjack and 8525 have been available for 8 months now on
> ATT alone.

How come that doesn't suprise me?

Craig
29-Jun-2007, 10:45 PM
:) I try!
"Greg B" <buchanan.nospam.greg@gmail.mapson.com> wrote in message
news:%abhi.1236$8i6.955@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>> I tave hrouble jus ttypinegr.
>
>
>
> hahahaha ;) funny stuff!!

Craig
29-Jun-2007, 10:58 PM
Huh? You're saying you don't like the new Treo? On Palm or Windoze? (I
hate my Windows 700W)
<unsigned@ @digerati.us> wrote in message
news:ENbhi.1253$8i6.281@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>I paid $400 for my 8525, why not pay a bit more for a device that actually
>has features? Ever tried web browsing on Pocket IE? Painful is about the
>only way it can be described. Playing MP3's? Yeah, by definition it does do
>that, but playlists, favorites, song ranking, all the things that make the
>ipod great are nowhere to be seen. Headphone jack? lolz. Size? Carrying a
>one inch thick phone is a blast. I should just go back to a palm and a bag
>phone while I'm at it.
>
> Its the best PDA/Phone around, but its really yesterday's UI and feature
> list. IMHO, Palm is actually worse off, devices like the 755p are very
> disappointing.
>
> Now all that being said, I'm not buying one. I want one, but I am going to
> wait. If they make a 3G model, I'd be all over it. :D
>
>
>
> Elrey wrote:
>> No not really! Seriously who's going to pay $500 for that thing?
>> Anyone... ?

Blinky Bill
30-Jun-2007, 11:41 AM
Stevo wrote:

> dan c. scribbled something like:
>
> > I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.
>
> I'm waiting for all the idiots that are going to be walking (or
> driving) & watching tv on their fancy phones. How long before one of
> them isn't paying att'n & walks in front of a moving bus or drives
> thru a red light?

Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
paying attention.

--

dan c.
30-Jun-2007, 08:06 PM
OUCH!!!

Blinky Bill wrote:
>
> Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
> infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
> paying attention.
>

Blinky Bill
30-Jun-2007, 09:51 PM
dan c. wrote:

> OUCH!!!
>
> Blinky Bill wrote:
> >
> > Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
> > infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
> > paying attention.
> >

Yeah, not sure they were saying anything after that. Trams do not slow
down for anything.

--

Stevo
01-Jul-2007, 12:10 AM
Blinky Bill scribbled something like:

> Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
> infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
> paying attention.

Wow. If that happened in US, wonder if their family'd try to sue the
tram co.

Blinky Bill
01-Jul-2007, 06:27 AM
Stevo wrote:

> Blinky Bill scribbled something like:
>
> > Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
> > infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
> > paying attention.
>
> Wow. If that happened in US, wonder if their family'd try to sue the
> tram co.

Prolly

--

George
02-Jul-2007, 02:33 PM
Blinky Bill wrote:
> Stevo wrote:
>
>> dan c. scribbled something like:
>>
>>> I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.
>> I'm waiting for all the idiots that are going to be walking (or
>> driving) & watching tv on their fancy phones. How long before one of
>> them isn't paying att'n & walks in front of a moving bus or drives
>> thru a red light?
>
> Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
> infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
> paying attention.
>

NYC recently said they were looking at a ban on headphones while
crossing the street etc because of the large numbers who were
contestants for a Darwin award.

George
02-Jul-2007, 02:33 PM
Elrey wrote:
> No not really! Seriously who's going to pay $500 for that thing?
> Anyone... ?

But did you review the complete feature set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xXNoB3t8vM

Shaun Pond
02-Jul-2007, 02:43 PM
George,

love it!

--

Shaun Pond

Brent Wolfe
02-Jul-2007, 05:40 PM
Weeding out the shallow end of the gene pool, right???

;-}

--
Brent

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"


"Blinky Bill" <koala@gumtree.com.au> wrote in message
news:Dnzhi.1475$8i6.1192@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> dan c. wrote:
>
>> OUCH!!!
>>
>> Blinky Bill wrote:
>> >
>> > Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
>> > infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
>> > paying attention.
>> >
>
> Yeah, not sure they were saying anything after that. Trams do not slow
> down for anything.
>
> --
>

Sewermonger
03-Jul-2007, 03:48 AM
'Consumer Group Complains About iPhone Battery -- iPhone --
InformationWeek' (http://tinyurl.com/38c7yb)

and you have to pay Apple to replace the battery? No way would I buy
one of them.


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Blinky Bill
03-Jul-2007, 10:44 AM
Brent Wolfe wrote:

> Weeding out the shallow end of the gene pool, right???
>
> ;-}

Yup

--

Blinky Bill
03-Jul-2007, 10:47 AM
George wrote:

> Blinky Bill wrote:
> > Stevo wrote:
> >
> > > dan c. scribbled something like:
> > >
> > > > I have trouble walking and talking at the same time.
> > > I'm waiting for all the idiots that are going to be walking (or
> > > driving) & watching tv on their fancy phones. How long before
> > > one of them isn't paying att'n & walks in front of a moving bus
> > > or drives thru a red light?
> >
> > Had a couple in Australia over the last few weeks. People walking
> > infront of trams because they could not hear the bells and were not
> > paying attention.
> >
>
> NYC recently said they were looking at a ban on headphones while
> crossing the street etc because of the large numbers who were
> contestants for a Darwin award.

Try policing that one!

--