PDA

View Full Version : NCCi Facebook Group



Rick Chisholm
04-Jul-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2744221717

just created a Facebook group for those who don't totally loathe such
things.

Unfortunately, it does appear you need an account to make use of the group.

--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Ben A L Jemmett
04-Jul-2007, 07:34 PM
In <82Rii.2840$8i6.991@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Rick Chisholm
wrote:
> just created a Facebook group for those who don't totally loathe such
> things.

That's a point, I didn't think to look for any NCCI on Facebook! Good
stuff, good stuff.

Did you get my (belated) replies to your e-mail, BTW?

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/

Rick Chisholm
04-Jul-2007, 07:50 PM
Ben A L Jemmett wrote:

> That's a point, I didn't think to look for any NCCI on Facebook! Good
> stuff, good stuff.

we'll see if we can get a smattering gathered together... never been a big
fan of facebook / myspace, but it has it's uses like anything else I
suppose.

> Did you get my (belated) replies to your e-mail, BTW?

to be honest, I can't even remember what I emailed in the first place.

--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Ben A L Jemmett
04-Jul-2007, 08:45 PM
In <1_Rii.2862$8i6.395@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Rick Chisholm
wrote:
> we'll see if we can get a smattering gathered together... never been
> a big fan of facebook / myspace, but it has it's uses like anything
> else I suppose.

I am not a huge fan of MySpace, for countless reasons, but Facebook has
been fairly neat -- I've been found by a load of people who I thought
would have forgotten about me long ago!

> > Did you get my (belated) replies to your e-mail, BTW?
>
> to be honest, I can't even remember what I emailed in the first place.

You were asking about RSS support on the NCCI blog -- my response was
something along the lines of "I'll check, but it hasn't seen a post in
three years"; I later added "well, I've turned the relevant option on,
let's see". It doesn't seem to have worked though...

--
Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
http://flatpack.microwavepizza.co.uk/

Rick Chisholm
04-Jul-2007, 08:53 PM
Ben A L Jemmett wrote:


> You were asking about RSS support on the NCCI blog -- my response was
> something along the lines of "I'll check, but it hasn't seen a post in
> three years"; I later added "well, I've turned the relevant option on,
> let's see". It doesn't seem to have worked though...

actually, despite the aged posts, the site feed is working, and I am using
it with feedburner for the ncci.org site.

thx

--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Susan
05-Jul-2007, 12:44 AM
Rick:

Can everyone with an account view our facebook? If so, I'd prefer that
the NCCI email address not be on the web, thanks. : )

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Keith V. Klenke
05-Jul-2007, 12:57 AM
What about a http://www.linkedin.com/ deal between the NCCI'ers as well?

--
-------------------------------------------
http://abeNd.org - Novell news for professionals
-------------------------------------------
"Rick Chisholm" <rchisholm@SPAMsouthlandonline.com> wrote in message
news:82Rii.2840$8i6.991@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2744221717
>
> just created a Facebook group for those who don't totally loathe such
> things.
>
> Unfortunately, it does appear you need an account to make use of the
> group.
>
> --
> http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Rick Chisholm
05-Jul-2007, 02:02 PM
Susan wrote:

> Rick:
>
> Can everyone with an account view our facebook? If so, I'd prefer that
> the NCCI email address not be on the web, thanks. : )

currently yes - and in reality anyone can join. Email addr has been
removed. The group can be made more private and be configured to allow
access by invitation only.

--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Susan
05-Jul-2007, 02:39 PM
Rick,

> Email addr has been removed.

Thank you.

It might not be a bad idea to set it up for invitation only. : )

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Rick Chisholm
05-Jul-2007, 02:45 PM
Susan wrote:

> Thank you.

my pleasure.

> It might not be a bad idea to set it up for invitation only. : )

I will give it to the end of the day for self-registrations, then it will be
up to the current members to "recruit" the rest of the irregulars. It's
like an exclusive club... we need some burly bloke to stand by the front
door and keep the undesirables at bay.

--
http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

Susan
05-Jul-2007, 03:09 PM
Rick:

End of the day of end of the week. It would take awhile for any
pranksters to find it, I'd think, but I'm not that familiar with these
sites. I think one needs to be very careful about what one puts on the
internet. <G>

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Lindsey Johnstone
05-Jul-2007, 03:14 PM
Rick Chisholm said,

> Susan wrote:
>
> > Thank you.
>
> my pleasure.
>
> > It might not be a bad idea to set it up for invitation only. : )
>
> I will give it to the end of the day for self-registrations, then it will be
> up to the current members to "recruit" the rest of the irregulars. It's
> like an exclusive club... we need some burly bloke to stand by the front
> door and keep the undesirables at bay.

I nominate MichaelC!

--
Lindsey

unsigned@ @digerati.us
05-Jul-2007, 03:33 PM
Drat, I'll never get in then. :D

Rick Chisholm wrote:
>we need some burly bloke to stand by the front
> door and keep the undesirables at bay.
>

Craig
05-Jul-2007, 06:23 PM
"keep the undesirables at bay:"

I resemble that!


"Rick Chisholm" <rchisholm@SPAMsouthlandonline.com> wrote in message
news:RB6ji.3066$8i6.964@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Susan wrote:
>
>> Thank you.
>
> my pleasure.
>
>> It might not be a bad idea to set it up for invitation only. : )
>
> I will give it to the end of the day for self-registrations, then it will
> be
> up to the current members to "recruit" the rest of the irregulars. It's
> like an exclusive club... we need some burly bloke to stand by the front
> door and keep the undesirables at bay.
>
> --
> http://brokertech.parallel42.ca/blog

MichaelC
07-Jul-2007, 03:25 PM
Lindsey
> I nominate MichaelC!

Just what are you trying to say? ;)

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)

MichaelC
07-Jul-2007, 03:25 PM
Rick
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2744221717
>
> just created a Facebook group for those who don't totally loathe such
> things.

Oooh, I joined :)

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)

Lindsey Johnstone
07-Jul-2007, 03:41 PM
MichaelC said,

> Lindsey
> > I nominate MichaelC!
>
> Just what are you trying to say? ;)
>
> Michael

Nuttin ...

--
Lindsey

Susan
07-Jul-2007, 04:59 PM
Rick:

I think I know who Craig Placebo is, but who in the heck are Mary Wood
and Peter Lambrechtsen? Did they wander into the wrong group, or are
they lurkers in here? : )

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

naomi37
08-Jul-2007, 12:28 PM
Did I wander into the wrong group? You tell me. I _have_ lurked here
for some months, though.

Do I need to submit a c.v.? There are no ducks or sheep on it.

Mary Wood


--
naomi37

Susan
08-Jul-2007, 03:24 PM
Mary:

Lurking is fine, and you're welcome in the group and to the group. We
just like to know who's who. I'd searched the forum for your name, and
hadn't found it, so wondered. Maybe one duck or sheep could be added to
your c.v. <VBG>

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Lindsey Johnstone
08-Jul-2007, 03:52 PM
Susan said,

> Mary:
>
> Lurking is fine, and you're welcome in the group and to the group. We
> just like to know who's who. I'd searched the forum for your name, and
> hadn't found it, so wondered. Maybe one duck or sheep could be added to
> your c.v. <VBG>
>

A few ducks available ...



--
Lindsey

naomi37
08-Jul-2007, 11:28 PM
Ah. Welll, I'm the one with the job title "SNOT" and only one star
beneath my name when I post. I'd like to collect some more stars. How
many stars do you need, to trade for a duck?


--
naomi37

Susan
09-Jul-2007, 04:57 AM
Naomi37,

> Ah. Welll, I'm the one with the job title "SNOT"

Yes, I recognize your nom de plume, it's your real name I didn't
recognize, because you hadn't used it in here before. <G>

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

MichaelC
15-Jul-2007, 11:12 PM
Lindsey
> Nuttin ...

Uhuh - a likely story

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)

Lindsey Johnstone
15-Jul-2007, 11:27 PM
MichaelC said,

> Lindsey
> > Nuttin ...
>
> Uhuh - a likely story

<G>


--
Lindsey

MichaelC
15-Jul-2007, 11:40 PM
Lindsey
> <G>

Yeah, see, that says it all :P

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)

naomi37
16-Jul-2007, 04:08 AM
Why would a facebook group be better than this? I signed up but have
not been back there, because enough is happening here. I don't need
more stuff in my life. Please help, and the 8 of you who are here at
this ungodly hour, please explain yourselves.


--
naomi37

Jim Henderson
16-Jul-2007, 04:37 AM
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 03:08:13 +0000, naomi37 wrote:

> and the 8 of you who are here at
> this ungodly hour, please explain yourselves.

It's only 9:40 PM here. :-)

Jim

MichaelC
16-Jul-2007, 01:13 PM
naomi37 wrote:
> Why would a facebook group be better than this? I signed up but have
> not been back there, because enough is happening here. I don't need
> more stuff in my life. Please help, and the 8 of you who are here at
> this ungodly hour, please explain yourselves.

Oh I don't think it's any *better* than here, just that it's a decent
networking site :)

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)