PDA

View Full Version : Save Internet Radio - ACTION NEEDED NOW



Andrew Z Carpenter
12-Jul-2007, 09:58 AM
IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED FOR THURSDAY, JULY 12TH

Greetings,

Time and options are running out for Internet Radio. Late this afternoon,
the court DENIED the emergency stay sought on behalf of webcasters, millions
of listeners and the artists and music they support.

UNLESS CONGRESS ACTS BY JULY 15th, the new ruinous royalty rates will be
going into effect on Sunday, threatening the future of all internet radio.

We are appealing to the millions of Internet radio listeners out there, the
webcasters they support and the artists and labels we treasure to rise up
and make your voices heard again before this vibrant medium is silenced.
Even if you have already called, we need you to call again.

The situation is grave, but that makes the message all the simpler and more
serious.

PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES RIGHT AWAY and urge them to
support the Internet Equality Act. Go to
http://www.capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/alert_9738601.html to find the phone
numbers of your Senators and Representative.

If they've already co-sponsored, thank them and tell them to fight to bring
the bill to the floor for an immediate vote. If the line is busy, please
call back. Call until you know your voice has been heard.

Your voices are what have gotten us this far - Congress has listened. Now,
they are our only hope.

We are outmatched by lobbying power and money but we are NOT outmatched by
facts and passion and the power of our voices.

Again, please go to
http://www.capwiz.com/saveinternetradio/alert_9738601.html to find the
necessary phone numbers and make the call today.

Thank you,

The SaveNetRadio Campaign
http://www.savenetradio.org/

Shaun Pond
12-Jul-2007, 10:17 AM
Andrew,

> future of all internet radio
>
you think just because it happens in the US, others would follow?

--

Shaun Pond

Sewermonger
12-Jul-2007, 10:58 AM
The entire universe revolves around US. Have yew forgotten this again?


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Andrew Z Carpenter
12-Jul-2007, 11:10 AM
> "Shaun Pond" <shaun@false.email> wrote in message
> news:VA.0000b2ee.00f7a111@false.email...
>
> > future of all internet radio
>
> you think just because it happens in the US, others would follow?



I just copypasta'd the email I got. What we will see is that if this is
passed, US-based audio streams will not be available to other countries
(restrictions have already had to be put in place I believe).


--
AZC

Shaun Pond
12-Jul-2007, 11:33 AM
Andrew,

just checking :)

--

Shaun Pond

Shaun Pond
12-Jul-2007, 11:33 AM
Felton,

when people come up to you and make that gesture of the finger going in
a circle, pointing at their head, that isn't what they mean...

--

Shaun Pond

Sewermonger
12-Jul-2007, 12:08 PM
Well.... lots of people tell me I'm number 1 in their book.


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Andrew Z Carpenter
12-Jul-2007, 12:11 PM
> "Sewermonger" <Sewermonger.2tlup0@no-mx.nds_engineer.com> wrote
> in message news:Sewermonger.2tlup0@no-mx.nds_engineer.com...
>
> Well.... lots of people tell me I'm number 1 in their book.



The phone book?



--
AZC

Shaun Pond
12-Jul-2007, 02:07 PM
Felton,

Public Enemy #1 isn't the same thing...

--

Shaun Pond

Craig
12-Jul-2007, 06:55 PM
Without the US, there's no "US"!. There's no "I" in "team", there's no "I"
in "WIN"!...wait, scratch the last one.


"Shaun Pond" <shaun@false.email> wrote in message
news:VA.0000b2ee.00f7a111@false.email...
> Andrew,
>
>> future of all internet radio
>>
> you think just because it happens in the US, others would follow?
>
> --
>
> Shaun Pond
>
>

tdstr
12-Jul-2007, 07:10 PM
Craig wrote:
> Without the US, there's no "US"!. There's no "I" in "team", there's no "I"
> in "WIN"!...wait, scratch the last one.
>
>

Coach Stiffler?

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75

Craig
12-Jul-2007, 07:42 PM
They say Michael Jordan said this one...there is no "I" in team, but there
is in "win". :)



"tdstr" <tdstr@foadspammer.com> wrote in message
news:t8uli.177$QE3.11@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>> Without the US, there's no "US"!. There's no "I" in "team", there's no
>> "I" in "WIN"!...wait, scratch the last one.
>>
>>
>
> Coach Stiffler?
>
> Ted Novak
> TRA#5512
> IEAS#75

Shaun Pond
12-Jul-2007, 10:32 PM
Craig,

I wish I could tell you what I said to some guy who said that to me,
he'd been irritating the carp out of me all day, but suffice to say, it
involved some Anglo-Saxon (some say the worst swear word possible) and
the phrase "no, but there's 'u' in..."

--

Shaun Pond

Craig
13-Jul-2007, 12:01 AM
Am I supposed to be thinking of all of the potty words that have a "u" in
them? Cuz I did.

:)


"Shaun Pond" <shaun@false.email> wrote in message
news:VA.0000b303.039863c0@false.email...
> Craig,
>
> I wish I could tell you what I said to some guy who said that to me,
> he'd been irritating the carp out of me all day, but suffice to say, it
> involved some Anglo-Saxon (some say the worst swear word possible) and
> the phrase "no, but there's 'u' in..."
>
> --
>
> Shaun Pond
>
>

Craig
13-Jul-2007, 12:03 AM
"We are outmatched by lobbying power and money but we are NOT outmatched by
facts and passion and the power of our voices."

I forget...which one do they listen to? :)

Boomer
13-Jul-2007, 06:07 AM
Who *doesn't* irritate you?

Shaun Pond
13-Jul-2007, 07:14 AM
Craig,

just one will do

--

Shaun Pond

Shaun Pond
13-Jul-2007, 07:15 AM
Boomer,

hang on, I have the list here... oh, my mistake, it's a different piece
of blank paper...

--

Shaun Pond

Greg B
13-Jul-2007, 02:10 PM
Craig wrote:
> "We are outmatched by lobbying power and money but we are NOT outmatched by
> facts and passion and the power of our voices."



Well, America needs to really wake up. BIG TIME.

dan c.
13-Jul-2007, 05:10 PM
Hmm..., I watched a Gordon Ramsay episode last night on BBC-America, he
used an A-S word with "u" in it frequently, but bleeped out. However,
the ones with "it" in it, weren't. Very amusing, especially when he
found doggy-doo in the dining room...

Shaun Pond wrote:
> Craig,
>
> I wish I could tell you what I said to some guy who said that to me,
> he'd been irritating the carp out of me all day, but suffice to say, it
> involved some Anglo-Saxon (some say the worst swear word possible) and
> the phrase "no, but there's 'u' in..."
>

Craig
13-Jul-2007, 05:58 PM
Absolutely agree.
"Greg B" <buchanan.nospam.greg@gmail.mapson.com> wrote in message
news:sRKli.742$QE3.192@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>> "We are outmatched by lobbying power and money but we are NOT outmatched
>> by
>> facts and passion and the power of our voices."
>
>
>
> Well, America needs to really wake up. BIG TIME.

Jim Henderson
13-Jul-2007, 06:40 PM
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:10:58 +0000, dan c. wrote:

> Very amusing, especially when he found doggy-doo in the dining room...

That was a fun episode of RKN. :-)

Jim

dan c.
13-Jul-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes indeed. I wonder if the original broadcasts in UK are bleeped out
too, not that a whole lot of imagination is needed to figure out what
he's saying. ;)

Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:10:58 +0000, dan c. wrote:
>
>> Very amusing, especially when he found doggy-doo in the dining room...
>
> That was a fun episode of RKN. :-)
>
> Jim

Greg B
13-Jul-2007, 08:27 PM
From: http://www.creamyradio.com/

A temporary deal hammered out by a coalition of webcasters and the
recording industry grants a partial reprieve from the looming royalty
rates that would be due this Sunday, signaling the end for many stations.

According to Wired, Jon Simson, the executive director of SoundExchange,
promised in front of Congress that the new royalty rates would not be
enforced on July 15. Webcasters will be allowed to stay online while new
rates are worked out, including the possibility of the Internet Radio
Equality Act, which is still pending in Congress.

We thank all of our listeners who have spoken with their Congressional
representatives about this important issue. Please keep the pressure on
them to make royalties fair and protect the future of Internet radio.
This reprieve is temporary, and unless the royalty rates are changed,
the threat to Internet radio will remain. If you havenít acted yet,
please visit savenetradio.org for information and learn how you can help.

Craig
13-Jul-2007, 08:29 PM
Jay's Podcast is saved! Hurray!!
"Greg B" <buchanan.nospam.greg@gmail.mapson.com> wrote in message
news:jmQli.1060$QE3.864@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> From: http://www.creamyradio.com/
>
> A temporary deal hammered out by a coalition of webcasters and the
> recording industry grants a partial reprieve from the looming royalty
> rates that would be due this Sunday, signaling the end for many stations.
>
> According to Wired, Jon Simson, the executive director of SoundExchange,
> promised in front of Congress that the new royalty rates would not be
> enforced on July 15. Webcasters will be allowed to stay online while new
> rates are worked out, including the possibility of the Internet Radio
> Equality Act, which is still pending in Congress.
>
> We thank all of our listeners who have spoken with their Congressional
> representatives about this important issue. Please keep the pressure on
> them to make royalties fair and protect the future of Internet radio. This
> reprieve is temporary, and unless the royalty rates are changed, the
> threat to Internet radio will remain. If you havenít acted yet, please
> visit savenetradio.org for information and learn how you can help.

Jay Calderwood
13-Jul-2007, 08:42 PM
Craig wrote:
> Jay's Podcast is saved! Hurray!!

LOL!

I haven't done my podcast in a year

--
Jay Calderwood
http://jaycalderwood.blogspot.com

Quote: "I have worked HARD for everything I have. A beautiful family
which includes a beautiful Soon-to-be wife,
a bunch of beautiful healthy kids, 2 annoying pooches, and an occasional
Pooh Bear (silly ol' bear he is).
Like I said I worked hard for what I have and I'm not going to lose this
because this is what I always have wanted.
I need to remove those cancerous people from my life to keep what I
have, and I will. I'm tired of all
the backstabbing and deceit. This is my world, I created it, now it is
time to undo what I let happen. I will not turn back."

-- or --

If you would like to purchase this space for you're own creepy comment,
like the one you see above, please email.

Jim Henderson
13-Jul-2007, 08:47 PM
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:25:15 +0000, dan c. wrote:

> Yes indeed. I wonder if the original broadcasts in UK are bleeped out
> too, not that a whole lot of imagination is needed to figure out what
> he's saying.

I believe they air after the watershed, so they wouldn't be bleeped.

Jim

Shaun Pond
13-Jul-2007, 09:46 PM
Dan,

the with I used started much closer to the start of the alphabet, but
not "a" or "b"

--

Shaun Pond

Shaun Pond
13-Jul-2007, 09:47 PM
Dan,

of course they're not...

--

Shaun Pond

Craig
13-Jul-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, I thought you had just run out of things to say. Why not talk about
New Jersey politics or Matthew B. Good? :)


"Jay Calderwood" <jeromecalderwood@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:DAQli.1070$QE3.109@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig wrote:
>> Jay's Podcast is saved! Hurray!!
>
> LOL!
>
> I haven't done my podcast in a year
>
> --
> Jay Calderwood
> http://jaycalderwood.blogspot.com
>
> Quote: "I have worked HARD for everything I have. A beautiful family which
> includes a beautiful Soon-to-be wife,
> a bunch of beautiful healthy kids, 2 annoying pooches, and an occasional
> Pooh Bear (silly ol' bear he is).
> Like I said I worked hard for what I have and I'm not going to lose this
> because this is what I always have wanted.
> I need to remove those cancerous people from my life to keep what I have,
> and I will. I'm tired of all
> the backstabbing and deceit. This is my world, I created it, now it is
> time to undo what I let happen. I will not turn back."
>
> -- or --
>
> If you would like to purchase this space for you're own creepy comment,
> like the one you see above, please email.

Jim Henderson
14-Jul-2007, 04:11 AM
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:46:55 +0000, Shaun Pond wrote:

> the with I used

Wha? ;-)

Jim

Shaun Pond
14-Jul-2007, 10:07 AM
Jim,

one+wine=with

--

Shaun Pond

dan c.
14-Jul-2007, 03:52 PM
That's okay, I usually don't get most of what's being said anyway. I get
most of the meaning from visual and context cues. ;)

Shaun Pond wrote:
> Dan,
>
> of course they're not...
>

dan c.
14-Jul-2007, 03:58 PM
That sounds about right. What's really funny is to watch Hollywood
movies in Japan or Korea with subtitles, none of the language that would
get bleeped out on US network TV is modified and certain phrases in
English that would get you a one-way ticket to the ER or morgue are
subtitled in the local language rather creatively. :)

Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:25:15 +0000, dan c. wrote:
>
>> Yes indeed. I wonder if the original broadcasts in UK are bleeped out
>> too, not that a whole lot of imagination is needed to figure out what
>> he's saying.
>
> I believe they air after the watershed, so they wouldn't be bleeped.
>
> Jim

dan c.
14-Jul-2007, 04:02 PM
I should've clarified; the word that contained the letters "I" and "T".
But you do bring up another good one. :)

Shaun Pond wrote:
> Dan,
>
> the with I used started much closer to the start of the alphabet, but
> not "a" or "b"
>

Jim Henderson
14-Jul-2007, 08:45 PM
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:58:19 +0000, dan c. wrote:

> That sounds about right. What's really funny is to watch Hollywood
> movies in Japan or Korea with subtitles, none of the language that would
> get bleeped out on US network TV is modified and certain phrases in
> English that would get you a one-way ticket to the ER or morgue are
> subtitled in the local language rather creatively.

Yeah, that is kinda funny. Even funnier is that on Fox, watching Heck's
Kitchen, they not only bleep, but they blur the mouths as well.

Jim

Jim Henderson
14-Jul-2007, 08:45 PM
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:07:31 +0000, Shaun Pond wrote:

> Jim,
>
> one+wine=with

Ah, I was wondering. :-)

im

dan c.
15-Jul-2007, 07:16 PM
They're doing that intentionally now? Gee, I thought it was my eyesight
getting worse or the picture tube going out on our 11-year old TV set. 8)

Jim Henderson wrote:
>
> Yeah, that is kinda funny. Even funnier is that on Fox, watching Heck's
> Kitchen, they not only bleep, but they blur the mouths as well.
>
> Jim

Sewermonger
15-Jul-2007, 07:28 PM
That reminds me. I promised to send you something.


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Uwe Buckesfeld
15-Jul-2007, 07:42 PM
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Yeah, that is kinda funny. *Even funnier is that on Fox, watching Heck's
> Kitchen, they not only bleep, but they blur the mouths as well.

I noticed that watching TV during BS this year. Reminds me of Japanese adult
movies.

U

Uwe Buckesfeld
15-Jul-2007, 07:43 PM
Sewermonger wrote:

> That reminds me. I promised to send you something.

A Japanese adult movie? :-)

U

dan c.
15-Jul-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah, he wanted me to translate the dialog so the plot is more
understandable. ;)

Uwe Buckesfeld wrote:
> Sewermonger wrote:
>
>> That reminds me. I promised to send you something.
>
> A Japanese adult movie? :-)
>
> U

dan c.
15-Jul-2007, 07:51 PM
Hmmm...., you seem to have fixated on something here.... ;)

Uwe Buckesfeld wrote:
> ...Japanese adult movies.
>
> U

Sewermonger
15-Jul-2007, 08:08 PM
With their hands and fingers


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Sewermonger
15-Jul-2007, 08:18 PM
IT is a bad word in Japan? I didn't know


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Sewermonger
15-Jul-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd have to look at your collection so I could send one of yours


--
Sewermonger

<-----\|||/------>
>----(@@)-----<
ooO_(_)_Ooo________________________________
_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
___|____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
_____|_____ Sewermonger _____|_____

Jim Henderson
15-Jul-2007, 11:03 PM
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:16:24 +0000, dan c. wrote:

> They're doing that intentionally now? Gee, I thought it was my eyesight
> getting worse or the picture tube going out on our 11-year old TV set.
> 8)

Hehehehe, yeah, that's intentional...

Jim

dan c.
16-Jul-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, it means "kono omoshiroi no mono" in Japanese.

Sewermonger wrote:
> IT is a bad word in Japan? I didn't know
>
>