PDA

View Full Version : Re: Contact information



Frank McCallister
15-Jul-2007, 01:30 AM
Turns out Friday the 13th was a pretty good day for the Duck man!!!

--
Frank McCallister
COMPUMAC

"Lindsey Johnstone" <ljohnstoneno@spammyrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:nkzci.3022$%54.728@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Those of you that have contacted me at my City email address or on my City
> cell
> phone might want to change your information. I no longer work there.
>
> --
> Lindsey

Lindsey Johnstone
15-Jul-2007, 07:45 AM
Frank McCallister said,

> Turns out Friday the 13th was a pretty good day for the Duck man!!!

Indeed it was!

--
Lindsey

MichaelC
15-Jul-2007, 11:12 PM
Lindsey
> Indeed it was!

That sounds like good news then matey, congratulations? :)

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)

Lindsey Johnstone
15-Jul-2007, 11:26 PM
MichaelC said,

> Lindsey
> > Indeed it was!
>
> That sounds like good news then matey, congratulations? :)

Thanks Michael. I truly am excited about going to work tomorrow. It's been a
while since I can say that.

--
Lindsey

MichaelC
15-Jul-2007, 11:40 PM
Lindsey
> Thanks Michael. I truly am excited about going to work tomorrow. It's been a
> while since I can say that.

Mate, I'm *so* pleased for you - that's a really important thing to get
right (and something I haven't been able to say for some time now!).
Well done, and enjoy your day tomorrow :)

Michael
--
For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might
have been" (John Greenleaf Whittier)

Mark (mgh)
16-Jul-2007, 05:33 AM
> I truly am excited about going to work tomorrow.

Congrats! Enjoy. Who's the new employer?

Lindsey Johnstone
16-Jul-2007, 05:47 AM
Mark (mgh) said,


> Congrats! Enjoy. Who's the new employer?

I am on contract to the City where I worked. The department I will be working for
has their IT offices on the other side of the wall from where my old office was.

--
Lindsey

Mark (mgh)
16-Jul-2007, 06:21 AM
> I am on contract to the City where I worked. The department I will be
> working for has their IT offices on the other side of the wall from
> where my old office was.

The irony is amazing. Did you get a pay raise compared to the City job?
How sweet that would be. It would be hard not to gloat a bit at those
who asked you to leave.

Lindsey Johnstone
16-Jul-2007, 01:25 PM
Mark (mgh) said,

>
> > I am on contract to the City where I worked. The department I will be
> > working for has their IT offices on the other side of the wall from
> > where my old office was.
>
> The irony is amazing. Did you get a pay raise compared to the City job?
> How sweet that would be. It would be hard not to gloat a bit at those
> who asked you to leave.

No pay increase, matter of fact, slight decrease, but it will be worth it as I
won't have to deal with all the stress as I did before.

--
Lindsey

Susan
16-Jul-2007, 02:24 PM
This is great news, Lindsey! : )

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

brain
16-Jul-2007, 03:49 PM
Good going Lindsey. Glad to hear things have turned around quickly.

--
brain, not brain


Lindsey Johnstone scrivi:

> Mark (mgh) said,
>
> >
> > > I am on contract to the City where I worked. The department I
> > > will be working for has their IT offices on the other side of the
> > > wall from where my old office was.
> >
> > The irony is amazing. Did you get a pay raise compared to the City
> > job? How sweet that would be. It would be hard not to gloat a bit
> > at those who asked you to leave.
>
> No pay increase, matter of fact, slight decrease, but it will be
> worth it as I won't have to deal with all the stress as I did before.

Jim Henderson
16-Jul-2007, 03:52 PM
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:25:16 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:

> No pay increase, matter of fact, slight decrease, but it will be worth
> it as I won't have to deal with all the stress as I did before.

Reduction of stress is worth a decrease in pay - did that myself....

Jim

Mark (mgh)
16-Jul-2007, 10:39 PM
> but it will be worth it as I won't have to deal with all the stress as
> I did before.

I'd take that trade any time.

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 02:38 AM
brain said,

> Good going Lindsey. Glad to hear things have turned around quickly.

Indeed they did, and today was WONDERFUL. <veg>

--
Lindsey

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 02:39 AM
Jim Henderson said,

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:25:16 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
>
> > No pay increase, matter of fact, slight decrease, but it will be worth
> > it as I won't have to deal with all the stress as I did before.
>
> Reduction of stress is worth a decrease in pay - did that myself....

<nodding> Today was good.


--
Lindsey

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 02:40 AM
Mark (mgh) said,

>
> > but it will be worth it as I won't have to deal with all the stress as
> > I did before.
>
> I'd take that trade any time.

Seems to have paid off.

--
Lindsey

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 02:42 AM
Lindsey Johnstone said,

> Mark (mgh) said,
>
>
> > Congrats! Enjoy. Who's the new employer?
>
> I am on contract to the City where I worked. The department I will be working
> for has their IT offices on the other side of the wall from where my old office
> was.

It gets even better, I was told I was being assigned to the end office, which is
directly on the other side of the wall. <bg>

--
Lindsey

Susan
17-Jul-2007, 03:04 AM
<VBG>

Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Jim Henderson
17-Jul-2007, 04:43 PM
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:39:51 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:

> Jim Henderson said,
>
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:25:16 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
>>
>> > No pay increase, matter of fact, slight decrease, but it will be
>> > worth it as I won't have to deal with all the stress as I did before.
>>
>> Reduction of stress is worth a decrease in pay - did that myself....
>
> <nodding> Today was good.

That's great news. I hope there was shock involved for the < deleted >
who let you go. :-)

Jim

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 05:29 PM
Jim Henderson wrote:


> That's great news. I hope there was shock involved for the < deleted
> > who let you go. :-)

He apparently was told I was coming in, so no shock, just a dirty look.


--
Lindsey

Jim Henderson
17-Jul-2007, 06:26 PM
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:29:19 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>
>> That's great news. I hope there was shock involved for the < deleted
>> > who let you go. :-)
>
> He apparently was told I was coming in, so no shock, just a dirty look.

Oh, darn....a surprise would've been SO much more fun. I guess you have
to take what you get in that regard, though.

Jim

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 06:32 PM
Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:29:19 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
>
> > Jim Henderson wrote:
> >
> >
> >> That's great news. I hope there was shock involved for the <
> deleted >> > who let you go. :-)
> >
> > He apparently was told I was coming in, so no shock, just a dirty
> > look.
>
> Oh, darn....a surprise would've been SO much more fun. I guess you
> have to take what you get in that regard, though.

It was good. <bg>


--
Lindsey

Jim Henderson
17-Jul-2007, 07:06 PM
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:32:50 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:

>> Oh, darn....a surprise would've been SO much more fun. I guess you
>> have to take what you get in that regard, though.
>
> It was good. <bg>

Did you get a photo? ;-)

Jim

Sewermonger
17-Jul-2007, 11:06 PM
I hope you gave him a mile wide smile and said "Good Morning [insert
jerks name] Have a wonderful day"

I've found that most people who act like he does get riled and have
heart burn for awhile.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Lindsey Johnstone
17-Jul-2007, 11:06 PM
Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:32:50 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
>
> >> Oh, darn....a surprise would've been SO much more fun. I guess you
> >> have to take what you get in that regard, though.
> >
> > It was good. <bg>
>
> Did you get a photo? ;-)
>
> Jim

Nope.

--
Lindsey

Jim Henderson
17-Jul-2007, 11:12 PM
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:06:20 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:32:50 +0000, Lindsey Johnstone wrote:
>>
>> >> Oh, darn....a surprise would've been SO much more fun. I guess you
>> >> have to take what you get in that regard, though.
>> >
>> > It was good. <bg>
>>
>> Did you get a photo? ;-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> Nope.

Darn!

Jim

Lindsey Johnstone
18-Jul-2007, 03:14 AM
Sewermonger said,

> I hope you gave him a mile wide smile and said "Good Morning [insert
> jerks name] Have a wonderful day"
>
> I've found that most people who act like he does get riled and have
> heart burn for awhile.

No, but I did give him a hearty "Morning!". You hafta remember, this is the same
fella that grunted at me as his morning greetings every morning.

--
Lindsey