PDA

View Full Version : Scientists cure cancer but we cant have it.



Greg B
17-Jul-2007, 02:01 PM
The following URL:

http://media.www.studentprintz.com/media/storage/paper974/ne
ws/2007/01/23/Opinion/Scientists.Cure.Cancer.But.No.One.Take
s.Notice-2667600.shtml

has a length of 142 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL
which has a length of 25 characters:

http://tinyurl.com/2nguer

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
17-Jul-2007, 03:07 PM
Greg B <buchanan.nospam.greg@gmail.mapson.com> wrote:
> http://media.www.studentprintz.com/media/storage/paper974/ne
> ws/2007/01/23/Opinion/Scientists.Cure.Cancer.But.No.One.Take
> s.Notice-2667600.shtml

There's also been some responses to this, e.g.
http://www.cancer.org/aspx/blog/Comments.aspx?id=130
--
Ray Dassen
Technical Support Engineer, EMEA Services Center, Novell Technical Services
Novell, Inc. Software for the Open Enterprise http://www.novell.com/open

Craig
17-Jul-2007, 08:21 PM
I've always said if the NIH found the cure and a pain reliever, the
pharmaceuticals would market the pain reliever.


"Greg B" <buchanan.nospam.greg@gmail.mapson.com> wrote in message
news:J43ni.2793$QE3.209@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>
>
> The following URL:
>
> http://media.www.studentprintz.com/media/storage/paper974/ne
> ws/2007/01/23/Opinion/Scientists.Cure.Cancer.But.No.One.Take
> s.Notice-2667600.shtml
>
> has a length of 142 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which
> has a length of 25 characters:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2nguer

Doug Black
17-Jul-2007, 08:24 PM
Craig,
> I've always said if the NIH found the cure and a pain reliever, the
> pharmaceuticals would market the pain reliever.
>

Well of course! People who are healthy but in pain are more likely to
have lots of disposable income than people who are sick with cancer.

Just kidding... I hope.

Craig
17-Jul-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, that and they always like the repeat customers. Ever wonder why they
can't cure the common cold? They buried that drug in Area 51!


"Doug Black" <""dougd otb lack\"@osumc .edu"> wrote in message
news:uH8ni.3068$QE3.2414@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Craig,
>> I've always said if the NIH found the cure and a pain reliever, the
>> pharmaceuticals would market the pain reliever.
>>
>
> Well of course! People who are healthy but in pain are more likely to
> have lots of disposable income than people who are sick with cancer.
>
> Just kidding... I hope.
>