Starting early last week, we began seeing issues where the GroupWise client would run very slow and start locking up for most users. Investigation showed that C/S Handler Threads were all busy. When I looked at the status of these via the web admin page, all of them showed a Handle Request State, but the time elapsed would be very high (300-400 secs) and continually increase. It was as if something was not releasing the threads once they were used. Further investigation led me to GMS. As soon as I would physically power down that server, everything would return to normal. Within 15-30 of powering it back on though, the same thing would occur.

I have performed all the troubleshooting I know to perform with it, searched & google, but have found no answers. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? It seems the support documentation for this product is really lacking currently. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Running GroupWise 7 - previously SP1 until Friday of last week, now running SP2HP. It happened both before and after the upgrade. Server OS is NetWare 6.0 SP5 running in a 2 node cluster.