Whenever I try to clear a chat room password I get the error message "An error occurred while updating the directory" at the PC, and the message "SPL Request (Change Chat Password) [0xAE0B]: CN=anyuser,OU=anyOU,OU=anyOU,O=anyO - DDC: Error writing to the directory" at the Messaging Agent console screen.

If I try to set a new password instead of clearing it, I get the error message "Incorrect password. Enter a valid password or contact your system administrator" at the PC, and the message "SPL Request (Change Chat Password) [0xD10C]: CN=anyuser,OU=anyOU,OU=anyOU,O=anyO - Access not granted, invalid password" at the Messaging Agent console screen.

It makes sense that I am not able to set a new password, as when the Change Password window opens, the Old Password field to enter the existing pw is greyed out and I can only enter and confirm the new one.

Per an old TID10082549 in which the error code resembles mine, I deleted the scope object and recreated it. I used individual contexts for each OU, and added the new scope back to my host object. The agents were shut down and restarted.

It doesn't matter which user creates a chat room and sets a password. If they try to clear it or set a new one the same thing happens. As a workaround, I am able to change or clear their passwords using ConsoleOne.

I have a test server and PC running with the same configuration and have the same pw issues. I can at least experiment with it freely until it gets figured out.
I have also tried it after disabling any virus scanning - no go.
Any thoughts or ideas?

NetWare 6 SP5
GroupWise 7.0.1 - Single Domain and PO
Messenger 2.0.1 in Direct mode
ConsoleOne 1.3.6
Workstations are all running WinXP w/SP2
GW7.0.1/Novell Messenger 2.0.1 clients
Dell hardware

Thanks for any help in advance,

Malcolm