Home

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Gas Executives charged with collusion

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Craig NNTP User

    Gas Executives charged with collusion


  2. #2
    Tim Wohlford NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    A start? of what? I have no clue what it's a start of.

    Yes, I would LOVE to see that global warming stuff go thru a court hearing.
    Not only do the plantiffs have to prove that global warming exists (record
    cold day in NYC the other day?), but that it is caused by human behavior,
    and was caused by wanton disregard for safety on the part of the defendants.

    We have too many lawyers in this country, and not enough scientists that
    don't stand to gain from scientific fads.




    "Craig" <tech@no-spam-novoco.com> wrote in message
    news:UAXyi.4879$pG6.1368@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
    > It's a start.....
    >
    > http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6680861




  3. #3
    Craig NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    This isn't about climate change..it's about a sneaky plan to rip us off.
    The "good start" is to see them pay back the stations for the abuse from
    1999 to 2001. I have suspected that this type of collusion may be occuring
    now...it would be nice if they found collusion up until the present day.

    On the other topic, Climate Change does not preclude record cold days
    anywhere. The scientists are in agreement... throughout the world. The
    exception are those purchased by Big Oil.

    For more, see:

    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_C...e/Skeptics.asp

    "Tim Wohlford" <geek49203@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:vJXyi.4885$pG6.4511@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
    >A start? of what? I have no clue what it's a start of.
    >
    > Yes, I would LOVE to see that global warming stuff go thru a court
    > hearing. Not only do the plantiffs have to prove that global warming
    > exists (record cold day in NYC the other day?), but that it is caused by
    > human behavior, and was caused by wanton disregard for safety on the part
    > of the defendants.
    >
    > We have too many lawyers in this country, and not enough scientists that
    > don't stand to gain from scientific fads.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Craig" <tech@no-spam-novoco.com> wrote in message
    > news:UAXyi.4879$pG6.1368@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
    >> It's a start.....
    >>
    >> http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6680861

    >
    >



  4. #4
    Lance Reynolds NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    Craig wrote:

    > For more, see:
    >
    > http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_C...e/Skeptics.asp


    "Despite the international scientific communitys consensus on climate
    change..."

    Consensus is not science.

  5. #5
    Doug NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    Lance Reynolds wrote:


    > Consensus is not science.


    If it was. Some dud by the name of Columbus would of stayed at home and we
    would all still be under the Queen...

    Doug


  6. #6
    Craig NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    Sure it is. Science uses theories, runs experiments to try to disprove
    those theories. When 1000's of scientists create models that prove the
    theory, you have consensus.
    "Lance Reynolds" <lanceNO@SPAMsatco.biz> wrote in message
    news:JGYyi.4957$pG6.341@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
    > Craig wrote:
    >
    >> For more, see:
    >>
    >> http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_C...e/Skeptics.asp

    >
    > "Despite the international scientific communitys consensus on climate
    > change..."
    >
    > Consensus is not science.




  7. #7
    Brad Averbeck NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    Craig wrote:
    > Sure it is. Science uses theories, runs experiments to try to disprove
    > those theories. When 1000's of scientists create models that prove the
    > theory, you have consensus.


    But all the models are based upon assumptions of how we understand the
    world to work. History has shown that we know less than we think we
    know. There is no blind study to compare against.

    Brad

  8. #8
    tdstr NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    Brad Averbeck wrote:
    > Craig wrote:
    >> Sure it is. Science uses theories, runs experiments to try to
    >> disprove those theories. When 1000's of scientists create models that
    >> prove the theory, you have consensus.

    >
    > But all the models are based upon assumptions of how we understand the
    > world to work. History has shown that we know less than we think we
    > know. There is no blind study to compare against.
    >


    Of course. That's what science is, theory. What else could it be?

    Ted Novak
    TRA#5512
    IEAS#75

  9. #9
    Craig NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    And as Suzuki said, you don't argue about the heat of the fire when your
    house is burning down. That's why consensus matters; there are always
    people who will be contrary (and historically wrong).

    It could be that everyone has been bamboozled by this like throughout
    history.

    However, aside from climate change:

    1) Green is cheaper
    2) We KNOW pollution causes a wide variety of diseases
    3) We know that there are technologies out there that are superior to the
    days of Henry Ford.
    4) We know that Oil will run out
    5) We know that Petroleum products can do so much more for us than be used
    for fuel (plastics, medicines)


    Why not embrace it and see if climate change is real accidentally?




    "tdstr" <tdstr@foadspammer.com> wrote in message
    news:71_yi.5043$pG6.1073@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
    > Brad Averbeck wrote:
    >> Craig wrote:
    >>> Sure it is. Science uses theories, runs experiments to try to disprove
    >>> those theories. When 1000's of scientists create models that prove the
    >>> theory, you have consensus.

    >>
    >> But all the models are based upon assumptions of how we understand the
    >> world to work. History has shown that we know less than we think we know.
    >> There is no blind study to compare against.
    >>

    >
    > Of course. That's what science is, theory. What else could it be?
    >
    > Ted Novak
    > TRA#5512
    > IEAS#75




  10. #10
    tdstr NNTP User

    Re: Gas Executives charged with collusion

    Craig wrote:
    > And as Suzuki said, you don't argue about the heat of the fire when your
    > house is burning down. That's why consensus matters; there are always
    > people who will be contrary (and historically wrong).
    >
    > It could be that everyone has been bamboozled by this like throughout
    > history.
    >
    > However, aside from climate change:
    >
    > 1) Green is cheaper
    > 2) We KNOW pollution causes a wide variety of diseases
    > 3) We know that there are technologies out there that are superior to the
    > days of Henry Ford.
    > 4) We know that Oil will run out
    > 5) We know that Petroleum products can do so much more for us than be used
    > for fuel (plastics, medicines)
    >
    >
    > Why not embrace it and see if climate change is real accidentally?
    >


    huh what? Why you preachin' to me? I was replying to someone else and
    it had nothing to do with climate change, living green or anything else
    of like.

    Ted Novak
    TRA#5512
    IEAS#75

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •