Hey all,

I am just so frustrated with login scripts I could spit.

Here are the facts.

OES Netware sp5
3 primary OU's for 3 physically different locations. ou=L1.o=org, ou=L2.o=org, ou=L3.o=org
Under each location OU, I have 3 other OU's, ou=teacher, ou=staff, ou=student.
Each location has its own server that has at least a read/write replica.

All login scripts are at the ou=L1.o=org, ou=L2.o=org, ou=L3.o=org. All the sub ou login script have the "include ou=L1.o=org" etc.

Our staff and teachers travel from location to location. Just by default they can login to any computer and run the login script of the container they are directly under. While everything is fine when they are physicallyat the building that they are "normally" at, when they travel, it takes nearly 10 minutes to run the login scripts.

What I want to happen is that wherever they are at, no matter which location, I want the closest login script to run for that user.

SO....then I configured each login script like this to take advantage of the IP address of the location:

REM If in 172.27.5.0 through 172.27.8.255 = L1 building
IF NETWORK_ADDRESS >= "AC1B0500" AND NETWORK_ADDRESS <= "AC1B08FF" AND "%CN" <> "ADMIN" THEN
CONTEXT .L1.O
include .L1.O
END

REM If in 172.30.5.0 through 172.30.8.255 = L2 building
IF NETWORK_ADDRESS >= "AC1E0500" AND NETWORK_ADDRESS <= "AC1E08FE" AND "%CN" <> "ADMIN" THEN
CONTEXT .L2.O
include .L2.O
END

REM If in 172.20.0.0 through 172.25.8.255 = L3 building
IF NETWORK_ADDRESS >= "AC140000" AND NETWORK_ADDRESS <= "AC1908FF" OR "%CN" = "ADMIN" THEN

CONTEXT .L3.O
(script continues)

What ends up happening is that ALL login scripts run if you are in the physical location your username is in, and it takes about 15 minutes to run. NetStorage runs all the login scripts too.

Another thing that happens is that if a user is not in a particular ip address range, NOTHING runs.

Anyone got any more ideas on how to do this?

Tom