As a follow-up to creating another partition, pool and volume I posted on 11/02/05, I have an issue involving the mapping of the new volume.

In our environment, which is rather simple, I have the following Login Script for our single server:

;###### Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition SECTION START #######
;# Do not modify this section
IF MEMBER OF ".CN=SymantecAntiVirusUser.O=DK" THEN
MAP INS S1:=SERVER\SYS:\LOGIN\NAV
IF "%OS" = "WIN95" OR "%OS" = "WIN98" THEN
#VP_Log32 /p=\\SERVER\SYS\LOGIN\NAV
ELSE
#OSVER
IF "%ERROR_LEVEL" = "1" THEN
ELSE
IF "%ERROR_LEVEL"="3" OR "%ERROR_LEVEL"="2" OR "%ERROR_LEVEL"="17" THEN
#\\SERVER\SYS\LOGIN\NAV\OSVER
IF "%ERROR_LEVEL" = "1" THEN
ELSE
#VP_Log32 /p=\\SERVER\SYS\LOGIN\NAV
END
END
END
END
MAP DEL S1:
END
;###### Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition SECTION END #######
MAP F:=SERVER\VOL1:
MAP G:=SERVER\SYS:
MAP K:=SERVER\VOL2:
MAP P:=SERVER\VOL1:
MAP INS S1:=SERVER\SYS:
MAP INS S2:=SERVER\SYS:\PUBLIC
MAP INS S3:=SERVER\VOL1:
MAP INS S4:=SERVER\VOL2:

The new drive I added is VOL2 and given a drive letter of K. Drives F, G, and P already existed. When I login in, I see drive K being mapped, however, when I open Windows (XP SP2) Explorer, the drive mapping for K does not list. I can type K:\ in the Address field in Explorer and the drive appears but is lost when I shut down Explorer. Also, I used the Drive mapping on the Novell Client but it still does not list in Explorer nor is it visible if I am in an application like Word to save a file to that drive.

Interestingly, and as a side note, I recently tried to add an external 80 gig hard drive to my XP workstation and it will not list in Windows Explorer either and therefore, that issue with this one makes me think there is something going on in XP as it relates to drive mappings.

I have run the gamut of how to resolve this but am at a loss! Is there a setting that limits the number of search drives to be listed in XP? If so, how do I change it so the new network drive and my new external drive be shown and accessed.

I hope this is clear to any who read it and I really appreciate any input as to how to get my new volume listed and accessible.