We have a number of Netware cluster volumes running on Netware 6.5 SP5 clusters that we wish to recreate. These volumes are up to 2 Tb in size.

The reason we wish to recreate them is that over time we have extended the pool size and we now want to recreate them on a single partition. Over the years I have had a couple of instances of volumes that have failed and have needed to be restored from tape. The common factor was the partition boundaries appeared to have been overwritten and the data was not recoverable. Our data is mirrored at block level across two HP EVA 5000 SANS. This however is real time, so if we were to experience a failure as described we would have no recovery other than tape.

One further complication. The volumes have Caminosoft HSM installed, so any process for copying data needs to preserve the stub bit. Caminosoft have a process for re-linking the files after a move, which looks reasonably straight forward.

I was looking to see if I could use software mirroring to achieve this, i.e. create a mirror volume and then delete the original but it looks like mirroring can only be done at the partition level, which defeats the object. Has anyone any suggestions ?