We are running Windows XP workstations with Netware Client 4.91. The company is looking at moving to Accpac SQL from Accpac Pervasive. I have done a test install of Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 and put a sample db on the server. Here is my problem; Once I install the Accpac client application on the workstations and attempt to open it there is a 45 second delay before the app opens. If I then close and open the application there is no delay. If I restart the machine and open the app then I experience the 45 second delay again.

To troubleshoot this problem I changed the client provider order to move the MS Client to the top, but that did not make a difference. I also tried adding the name of the windows server to the hosts file (no difference). We have DNS running and I am able to get a response from pinging the windows server. The only time I notice a difference is when I un-install the netware client. With no netware client the response from the application is instantaneous. I was wondering if anybody has encountered something like this and if you have been able to find a way around it. I do not want to use the Microsoft Client for Netware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary Sandhu