I recently moved our office to a new building and in the process, started a new tree with a fresh server. Everything was created from scratch for this office except the data and GroupWise mailboxes. I am now running into a fairly frequent problem where NDPS/iPrint will not allow users to print. The errors users get are:

Title: spoolsv.exe - Application Error
Body: The instruction at "0x5c024a04" referenced memory at "0xfffffff9". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

This second error pops up on top of the first:

Title: Spooler SubSystem App
Body: Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This error is the typical illegal operation wording and has the option to send the report to Microsoft.

I'm not sure if this is an iPrint or NDPS issue, but users cannot simply restart the print spooler service on their computers. Once it happens to one user, it seems to happen to everyone and the only way to fix it is to restart the NDPS Broker and NDPS Manager on the server, then have the workstations restart. Here are the details about versions and such:

Novell NetWare 6 SP5
eDirectory 8.7.3
BROKER.NLM - v3.00.09 (in the Broker it shows v3.0.9)
NDPSM.NLM - v3.01.09 (in the Manager it shows v3.01i)
IPPSRVR.NLM - v3.00.03

All workstations are Windows XP SP2 (NDPS is unblocked on the firewall) with Novell Client 4.90 SP2. If there is any further information that might help solve this problem, please let me know. Thanks!

Ryan Sinnwell
Regional IT Engineer
The Weitz Company
(515) 698-4281