I've searched through the knowledgebase and this forum and can't find an answer to the issue that just popped up.

We are installing a new NetWare 6.0 SP5 server (updated with NDPS Consolidated Support pack 11d and iPrint Client 4.12), and we are unable to upload any drivers to the brand new broker. We are in the process of moving to a new tree as we replace servers, so we have two different trees that we have been trying to troubleshoot in. Under NEW-TREE, we have two servers, one with a base SP5 installation (no patches) and one with all of the post-SP5 patches. Under OLD-TREE, we have a server that has SP5 with all patches and iPrint 4.11. Neither of these servers will allow us to upload drivers through iManager. We have tried drivers from HP, Dell, and Ricoh, and always get one of these two errors:

If using iPrint 4.11:
"An error has occurred while trying to add the resource. Error Code: 6"
This is a dialog titled Internet Explorer with only an OK button on it.

If using iPrint 4.12:
"The SSL connection has been closed."
This is a dialog titled Internet Explorer with only an OK button on it.

We think we have determined that the issue is with iManager, not iPrint/NDPS. If we use NWAdmin32 and upload drivers to the Windows 2000 bucket, it works fine and we can then go to iManager and delete these drivers or assign printers to use them. The issue is that we can't get any new ones into the Windows XP bucket, which we have been able to do in the past.

Both workstations we are using to troubleshoot have Novell Client 4.91 SP1 ( and Windows XP Professional SP2. We are uploading through IE 6 (fully patched).

I did find a link to TID #10097177 referencing LDAP issues when you see the second error message, but starting to work through them this does not appear to be the track I think we need to follow.

Are there other suggestions on how to tackle this issue? It seems odd that it displays the error message differently depending on the iPrint Client, and that the message appears on both patched and un-patched systems.

To throw one more wrench in there, we also have servers running NW 6.0 SP5 unpatched that can upload drivers just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan Sinnwell
Regional IT Engineer
The Weitz Company
(515) 698-4281