My network is a Novell SBS 6.5 sp1 tree with 3 servers:
1. Border Manager
2. GroupWise (NAT) + non NDPS + NDPS\iPrint.
3. WEB (NAT) - Apache 2, MySQL ver. 4.0.15a, PHP 4.2.3.
I tried to define the HP LaserJet 1022n printer for iPrint and received the “LPR Communication Failed” error message.
I found TID 10099192 but changing the Gateway Autoload Command to the following:
"NDPSGW PORT=RAW HOSTADDRESS=X.X.X.X", but didn’t solved the problem.
I did the test describe in that TID In Windows:
- Click on Start -> Run
- Key: cmd and hit Enter
- At the command prompt screen, key: telnet X.X.X.X 515 (where X = IP address of the printer in question)
It failed for port 515 but it worked for port 9100.
At the end of the TID I read:
“Printing through port 9100 is available with NDPSGW.NLM version 3.01 dated May 5, 2004 and later
The ability to create a printer in iManager using port 9100 is available with NetWare 6.5 SP 2 and later.”
The questions are:
- Is it possible to replace only the NDPSGW.NLM with the newer one without installing the all patch?
- Will it work with the other NLMs from sp1?
- I tried to find only this NLM on Novell site but didn't succeeded.