Ever since we updated our file/print server to NW65SP6 we have had intermittent problems with several of our networked printer/copy machines. They appear to be losing communication with the server and now longer service their print queue. Jobs are waiting, but the printer sits there idle. Usually a shutdown and startup of the printer at the NDPS console on the server (or via iManager) will fix the problem, but not always.

Also, a second oddity, which I think is related is that the following errors have been appearing on the iPrint/NDPS server console:

Snmp Error, Printer: EG 120 Work Room Gestetner, Error Code: 1, Error: tooBig (
2 1 1 2 1 0)
Snmp Error, Printer: SV 208 Work Room Gestetner, Error Code: 1, Error: tooBig (
2 1 1 2 1 0)
Snmp Error, Printer: SV 208 Work Room Gestetner, Error Code: 1, Error: tooBig (
2 1 1 2 1 0)
2 1 1 2 1 0)
2 1 1 2 1 0)

These two printers are the two copy/printers that we have been having the issues with. I've done a search on this error in the Novell knowledge base, but can't seem to come up with anything. If anyone has any insight as to what these errors mean, and if they are related to the communication problem between the server and the printers I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Again, these copier/printers worked wonderfully until we updated the server to NW65SP6 from NW65SP4.

Walter Keener
Network Administrator
Allendale Public Schools
Allendale, MI, USA