I applied patch iprntnw65sp6f on 15 April 2007. I am still getting intermittent print failures with HP LaserJet 4250TN and DTN printers. The error is LPR Communication Failed. We have to power cycle the printer to clear the error and then the job prints.

We have a mix of HP LaserJet 4000, 4050, 4100, 4200, 4345mfp, 3600, and 2820 printers. Only the 4250s are experiencing this error.

Three of the four printers are using the embedded jet direct card - J7949E. One of them is using an external jet direct card - J7934G. Prior to applying the iPrint patch, the printers have been totally removed from NDS, drivers removed, and then recreated, and the formatters have been replaced on two of them. Two of them have up-to-date jet direct firmware, and two of them have the firmware that came with the printer. Regardless, all four are experiencing the LPR Communication Failed error.

I have also set the NOSNMP switch on the printer agents. Still get intermittent errors.

This has been reported to patchfeedback@novell.com. Any help from you all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Betsy Horn
Systems Administrator
Harris, Finley & Bogle, P.C.