Netware 6.5 sp 6 with latest patch from novell for ndpsm and ndpsgw
(iprntnw6f). Running Iprint on this server also. I have not made any
changes on this server for over 3 or so months. Since I updated it to SP 6
and applied the current iprint sp6 patch at the time.
When I came in this morning I had the error "NDPSJPMComm Failed with error
914, opcode 106"
I have had this error before and reboot generally fixed this problem.
Accourding to TID 3778083 this is really not a problem.
"1. Ignore the message:
The problem may have been temporary and is no longer an issue. Even if
the message appears with regularity, the data being communicated from the
physical printer to the Print Manager is not vital to printing. Many
customers notice this error after applying Support Pack 6 for NetWare 6.5,
and therefore are alarmed by it. The reality is that the intermittent
failure for the Gateway to write data to the database has most likely been
occurring throughout the life of the server. The difference is that
NDPSGW.NLM provided in Support Pack 6 started reporting the condition.

2. Resolve the problem:
Look up the error code. Take the steps recommended in the documentation
to understand and resolve the problem. The NDPS Manager Health within
Novell Remote Manager can also be useful in understanding the problem.
Particularly, review the "Advanced NDPS Manager Information" within the
"NDPS Manager Health" screens. You will see trending information for
various operations that failed or took excessive time. "

Today, it became a problem, I think.
When I go to the advanced NDPS Manager information the client interface
and the gateway interface both are in a BAD state.
When I go to latest events, this is what I have in Client Interface state

Operation: List Object Attributes, Service Error: Database Object is In
Use [1000008, -914, 0],
User Name: USERNAME,
Address: 10.7.4.237,
Object Name: PH-Rm226-HPLJ4250n
I have MULTIPLE of these from different users and different printers

4-24-07 12:07:04 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: WO-MainOffice-HPLJ4050 (Operation code: 106)
4-24-07 12:06:24 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: WO-MainOffice-HPLJ4050 (Operation code: 106)
4-24-07 12:05:44 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: WO-MainOffice-HPLJ4050 (Operation code: 106)
4-24-07 12:05:04 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: WO-MainOffice-HPLJ4050 (Operation code: 106)
4-24-07 12:03:05 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: PH-MediaCenter-HPLJ4100 (Operation code: 106)
4-24-07 12:02:55 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: PH-MediaCenter-HPLJ4100 (Operation code: 106)
4-24-07 12:02:44 pm, Error: Database Object is In Use (-914) Printer
Agent: PH-MainOffice-HPLJ4200n (Operation code: 106)

And there are many more. I just didn't copy them all.

From latest NDS events
4-24-07 11:59:52 am, Error (-673) was returned, Operation "Get Effective
Rights". Replica on server 'PHSRV1', Object Name:
..PH-Rm326-HPLJ4050.Ph.PCPS
4-24-07 11:59:50 am, Error (-673) was returned, Operation "Get Effective
Rights". Replica on server 'PHSRV1', Object Name:
..PH-Rm326-HPLJ4050.Ph.PCPS
4-24-07 11:59:50 am, Error (-673) was returned, Operation "Get Effective
Rights". Replica on server 'PHSRV1', Object Name:
..PH-Rm326-HPLJ4050.Ph.PCPS


Thanks
Teresa