Hi all,

I have one Mac that I am trying to temporarily set up to see my NetWare server so that I can back up some critical files
before I delete them. Normally this machine sits in my DMZ, but I moved it inside to do this backup. I know the IP
addressing is working because I can browse to the Internet or to my internal web server (using the IP address) from the
Mac and because I can ping the Mac from other machines.

Here is some other pertinent info:

1. NetWare 6.0 SP3

2. AFPTCP loaded

3. I checked the ctxs.cfg file and made sure the user's context is listed (IT.AshtaGov). Just in case I have something
wrong (I just duplicated my CIFSCTXS.CFG file which is working just fine), I pasted it to the end of this message.

4. I did AFPSTOP and AFPSTRT a couple times.

5. From Chooser, when I type in the IP address of the NetWare server, I get promoted for a username and password. That
is a good sign since going to my Windows servers won't do that.

6. I use a username and password that is the same on the Mac and eDir.

7. I get an error stating: "Unknown user, incorrect password or log on is disabled. Please retype the name/password ro
contact the server's administrator."

8. NMASMON gets nothing at all when I try to log in. Is it supposed to record something in this case?

9. AFPTCP.LOG shows the following message (from restarting AFPTCP?):

Fri Oct 21 16:30:19 2005
: Thread ID = 320, InitAuthentication: RegOpenKeyEx 'Appliance' failed 1073741838 <4000000e>

The AFP connection was set up long ago without being tested, so I neither know if it ever worked nor remember the
precise steps for setting it up. Is there anything else that I need to check to make sure it is properly configured?
Is there anywhere else I can check to find out what is failing and what is succeeding? Where do I go from here?

Thanks for your help.

Peace,
Craig

CTXS.CFG
-------------
COMMON:AshtaGov
COMMON:Building.AshtaGov
COMMON:CBridge.AshtaGov
COMMON:Commish.AshtaGov
COMMON:Courts.AshtaGov
COMMON:IT.AshtaGov
COMMON:EMA.AshtaGov