Has anyone experienced this weird and very inconsistent problem? When a user attempts to open http://www.microsoft.com a "This Domain is for sale" page is displayed. This has happened with download.microsoft.com, mail.yahoo.com, and a few others. The common link between all the sites is that they're customers of Akamai, an organization that specializes in content caching and application delivery.

All of my clients are pointing to two NetWare/eDirectory-based DNS servers (Named.NLM, version 5.12.06, 5/11/2004 on NetWare 6.0 SP5). I'm not using any forwarders; all requests are being passed directly to the root-name servers. I've verified that the root hints are current. I've also bounced named, purged its cache, turned on strict resolution...all to no avail.

The problem is sporadic. It can appear on some machines and not others at the same time. NSLookups don't seem to be helpful because Akamai has a ton of servers, aliases, etc. I'm not sure where to start on this one but it's irritating. I also did a few Google searches and found a few reports of similar problems but no one seemed to have an answer.

Thanks in advance!!!