Hey all,

This one has got me completely stumped. I have about 2 dozen computers in my office that I do not know what to do with.

I have Dell D600 laptops. I image them just fine, hundreds of times. When they reboot, they go through the PXE process, PXE shuts down and exits and the computer hangs, just stops. No errors, no boot, nothing. It just stays at the PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

I have contacted Dell and they had me go through the restore process using their CD and the PC works fine like that. I took an image of this working machine. I then pushed down the same image that was working. Again it did not work; nothing.

Now, I know the image is fine because this is the EXACT same image we used at the beginning of the year to do all of these machines.

Since the beginning of the year we have upgraded from Zen 6.5 sp1 to Zen 6.5 sp2, and then 7.0. I have NOT modified the initrd file at all.

Any thoughts? Bitshifting going on? I am in dire straights here with 2 dozen laptops not working, and more coming in daily.