Hello! This is most likely a Windows problem, but since Zen Imaging started it, I'll ask here and maybe someone will be able to help me.

I have my administrative machine which has 2 hard disk drives in it. I've re-installed windows xp on it a couple of other times for various reasons and have had no problem with it leaving the data on the second hard drive in tact.

This time, however, I rebuilt my machine with a zen image (from a like machine that had only one hard drive in it at the time of the img makep). The image restore went on with no problem, but now I can't access my second hard drive. CMOS sees it, and Windows XP Hardware Device Manager sees it, but I never get a drive letter assigned to the drive. I'd really like to preserve the data that's on that drive if at all possible. I think it has something to do with linux and the partitions and such, but since I know nothing about linux - other than how to take and bring down an image, I don't know what to do or how to avoid this problem in the future.

Can someone help me?

Laurie Holmes