I'm in the process of configuring various Novell Client settings, amongst other security
and user policies we applied while using ZFD 3.2, through the Group Policy administrative
template and ZDM 6.5 SP1/Novell Client 4.90 SP2 on Windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP2
The client policies are not taking effect on XP SP2 while the user and security policies
do. All policies are effective on 2000 SP4.
The 2000 and XP policies are split as recommended in the ZDM documentation using separate
policy tabs in the same Workstation package which is associated to a container where all
workstation objects are imported. The path to said group policy files are to two
different sub-folders on the ZDM server itself (there are no spaces in said path, two
underscores in server name)...
\\SERVER_NAME_XXXX\SYS\PUBLIC\zenworks\GroupPolicy \Workstation\WindowsXXXX

Running gpedit.msc locally on XP SP2 and loading the same template used to configure these
client settings in ConsoleOne shows them configured and enabled. So it appears Windows is
receiving them through Workstation Manager and effectively making the changes in the Group
Policy structure, but not the subsequent registry updates.
What am I missing?

I also have a much smaller issue with them on Windows 2000 where there is additional keys
being created though they don't appear to be needed when making the change in the client's
properties manually. This may be my own doing with the Service Location tab-Directory
Agent list where I'm listing two IP addresses when editing the .adm file. Something I'll
go into further once the above is resolved.

Administrative Template for Novell Client 4.9x

Any input is appreciated.

Tony Pedretti
TransUnion Corporation