Where do I start?...

I plan to use NOWS-SBE for one of my customers. From the initial install I hit problems fairly quickly...

1. Initial setup with software RAID and couldn't boot. I had to modify Grub for the system to boot.
2. Server up and running....Connect to serverIPaddress:8181 and login with sbsadmin. Any management tool I attempt to access the Management tools under Products and Servicces (Samba admin, iManager, admin, eDir admin) I receive:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
Sun Dec 2 17:29:59 2007
Apache/2.0.59 (Linux/SuSE)

3. Given the above problems, I thought that I am best to configure with Yast. So I log into the server console, and click on the desktop icon "Start here", then "Yast modules" and I receive the following error for every module I have tried:
There was an error launching the application. Details: Failed to execute child process "/opt/kde3/bin/kdesu" (no such file or directory.

4. To fix things, I thought that the system should be patched, though when checking from the :8181 management console there doesn't seem to be any available, which surprises me somewhat. Though I did initially use the trial key in a VMware machine - can a trial key be used more than once?

This is hardly good software especially since it is aimed at SMB market. An engineer such as myself will struggle to fix these things.

What is the best way to fix the issues I have?
I want iManager to work as well as be able to download any patches, not to mention Yast modules working.