i just installed SP3 on an existing SP2 GWMS2, and afterwards the webpage
didnt work anymore.

to save others the trouble and fuss, and even tho it is in the
documentation, it just doesnt jump right at you:


if the webpim page wont open up anymore, do as the instructions say (rename
the genweb directory in tomcat), reboot, AND WAIT A FEW MINUTES. just a
"few" thousand files will be regenerated.

the server somehow realises the directory "isnt there" anymore and
reconstructs it.
a manual de-zipping of the .war file didnt help.
and it did take a few minutes until it was all there again.

at least i could help someone with this tip, im grateful for all info i find
here ;-)