We are having a problem with mapped drives under Windows Vista Enterprise using the Novell Client for Vista (with and without the NWClient Driver Update 3). Half of the time users receive their correct mapped drives via a login script, but the other half of the time users only receive a Z: and E: drive and none of their normal drive mappings. Z: always points to \Sys\Public and E: always points to \Sys of the server that the client used to log in. Here is the results window when it fails…

Your current context is container.Tree
Your current tree is: Tree
You are attached to server SERVER1.
Your context has been changed to: container.Tree
Drives C,D map to a local disk.
Drive E: = SERVER1_SYS.container_sl.: \
----- Search Drives -----
S1: = C:\Windows\system32
S2: = C:\Windows
S9: = Z:. [SERVER1_SYS.container_sl.:PUBLIC \]

If this happens the user must reboot and log in again. When they log in they may or may not have the same problem, but after a couple of reboots it always works again.

When the login process happens correctly, users get the same Z: drive along with the other mapped drives they are supposed to have. They do not get an E: drive when their other drives map correctly. This is the results window when it works correctly…

Your current context is container.Tree
Your current tree is: Tree
You are attached to server SERVER1.
Your context has been changed to: container.tree
Drive Z: = SERVER1_SYS.CONTAINER_SL.:PUBLIC \
S1: = Z:. [SERVER1_SYS.CONTAINER_SL.:PUBLIC \]
Drive M: = SERVER2_APPLICATIONS.CONTAINER_SL.: \
Drive P: = SERVER2\VOL1:USERS\NAME \
Drive S: = SERVER2\VOL1:SHARED\GROUP \

This problem is happening with all of our Vista users, but never occurs on the XP clients. Our Tree contains Netware 6.5, 6.5SP7, and OES2 servers. I’ve tried tweaking every client setting that I thought might help to no avail. If anyone out there can shed some light on this I would very much appreciate it.