In the last 3 days I tried 5 times to install a NOWS:SBE server (by that I
mean 5 times booting from the DVD and installing from scratch). It always
failed on installing eDirectory, whether I installed it during the initial
configuration or after the fact... it failed in different ways each time;
iManager would then claim to install fine, but would never work. Finally
on the fifth try I decided to skip installing the Updates.... now my
server works perfectly, everything installs without a hitch. So for
anyone having bizarre install problems, try skipping the updates!

Once the server is running fine, I may try the updates whilst crossing my