Hi folks.. hope this is the right place for my post - apologies if not!

I'm been Googling, reading documentation, and twiddling with the commands till i'm sick to death so time to come and ask an actual question. Has anybody had success with getting a HP DL380 G3 server to work with VLAN tagging on Netware 6.5? I'll put my hands up now and say i'm a bit of a NetWare newbie but having done some reading around i'm reliably informed that the onboard network card (Broadcom NC7700) does do 802.1Q - yet every time I issue the commands from the HP documentation to create a VLAN 'trunk', and then activate the trunk, I get a warning message that says:

"VLAN is not supported on this ethernet card"

I've got the latest version of the driver (Q57.LAN), the latest version of the HP/Compaq CPQANS utility for actually configuring the VLAN tagging, and i've just updated the network card firmware to the most recent version - still the same error.

What the heck am I missing here? The command lines i'm throwing at the system are:

LOAD TCPIP
LOAD CPQANS FRAME=ETHERNET_II NAME=vlan1 TEAM=1 VLANID=3344
LOAD CPQANS FRAME=ETHERNET_II NAME=vlan2 TEAM=1 VLANID=3876
LOAD Q57 SLOT=10016 FRAME=ETHERNET_II NAME=Q57_1_EII

(Works fine up to this point)

BIND CPQANS Q57_1_EII TEAM=1

This command (^^^^^^) causes the error and I can't proceed any further.

If I was certain that this card did not work with VLAN tagging i'd accept it and move on but documentation explicitly states in a number of places that it is a supported protocol on the model of card onboard, and another piece of documentation specifically states 3 models of card where it won't work - and obviously the NC7700 is not one of them!

Help?! :)

Thanks in advance!