My organization has about 75 users running XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.91 SP4 installed. We recently changed some settings in our switches which caused a problem with our clients finding the tree/server. Sometimes they find the tree, other times they time out and get the Server/Tree not found error. I discovered after a short time that replacing the server name with the server IP address during the login process eliminated the problem.

We have 6 Enterasys switches around our offices in a groupd of 3, 2 and 1 lone switch. We upgraded the firmware of all the switches and installed interconnect cables between the 3 and 2 switches grouped together so now the grouped switches act like one with 144 or 96 ports respectively.

If I could figure out why those changes would cause a problem with the server name that would solve it outright, but short of figuring that out, I'd like to be able to update all of the clients to make sure they're pointing to the server IP address instead of the server name.

Is there a way to push out this change over the network (or with remote desktop) rather than going around to all our clients to change this setting?