My employer runs an app from the USA government -- hence, we can't change it or even know what's going on half of the time.

The app WILL NOT print to NDPS printers if we install printers via NDPS desktop install (Start, Settings, Printers, Add Printer, etc).

The app WILL print to NDPS printers if we push out the printer via RPM. It appears as though it likes the "short port name" that I think is described in TID 10087318.

I'm working on a project that will migrate us from traditional NDPS to iPrint, if for no other reason than this is the current Novell printer solution. Some questions:

1. Where are the technical documents on this "short port name" that is different than a manual NDPS install?

2. How does iPrint, using various install methods, handle this issue? Are the installs the same no matter how you do it (login script command, web page install, browse like you do with NDPS, etc)? Could a migration to iPrint installs solve this issue, or worse yet, fail so that we keep NDPS (or worse yet, IP printing or AD printers)?

Tim Wohlford