I get the error "Attempt to communicate with NSM engine failed" while attempting to view pending events. I have a lot of pending events I'm trying to resolve, initially caused, I believe, by too-restrictive firewall settings.

I am running NSM Engine and Sentry on the Windows 2003 Server which is a secondary domain controller, and sentry on another Windows server in the same domain, not a domain controller.

The event viewer for this error shows: GetResponse: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS. This is with nsmadmin running on the same server as the engine.

Occasionally, I also get "The server experienced an internal error and stropped providing information. Use refresh to try again." Nothing gets logged in event viewer for this one.

I'm also constantly getting the following "informational" messages in Event viewer for the Sentinel.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( NSMSentinel ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NSMSentinel EventManager() - Heartbeat message sent & ACK'd.

Is that one a normal heartbeat message?

Any ideas as to what's going on here? Any assistance appreciated.

Cheryl A