Greetings All,

I am current running NW OES 6.5sp5. It's a Dell PowerEdge 2650, that currently has 2 of the 5 HD slots filled. Those 2 HD slots each have a 73GB HD, running RAID 1. This server has only 1 volume (SYS). So the server as total storage capacity of 73GB SYS. I would like to increase the storage capacity for this server (and I would like to keep SYS only, not add any additional volumes). I have a few questions:

1. I have the correct HD that I need from Dell, a 146GB model. So if I want to add 146GB of storage (to create a total of 219GB roughly), I need to purchase (2) 146GB drives, correct? And I can just pop in the 2 new drives, while the server is up and running, and the HW/SW will do the rest? It will automatically become additional storage in SYS?

2. What about that additional drive bay? Can I buy (3) 146GB drives and add them? How will this get handled?

3. Finally, and I know this answer will certainly vary, but approximately how long will the process take of adding more storage with these 2 new drives? An hour, 10 hours, 24 hours? The server has 1.5GB of RAM with an Intel Xeon CPU 2.80GHz processor.

Thanks in advance!