I hope this is the right forum for this post. I post here because I found a small hint of a resolution in the policy settings.

I'm trying to create an environment where the roaming profile remains on a laptop as a local profile and doesn't get deleted after all of the settings are saved back up to the network. I found the "non volatile user" setting in the policy, and that seems to leave the actual user object on the laptop, but the profile settings and information are still deleted when the user logs off of the network.

Ideally, the user should be able to sign into the network, load a roaming profile, log off of the network, the profile should save up to the network AND remain on the laptop (is that possible?). Then, the user should be able to sign into the laptop's local user and have the same profile settings as when the user was using a roaming profile. Any changes made to the profile would save to the local profile only (because the user isn't signed in to the network). But, if the user were to log back in to the network, how would I keep the roaming profile from overwriting any of the changes made to the local profile? I would like for the profiles to be cumulative...Is this possible? And if it is, how do I keep the local copy of the profile from disappearing when the network user logs out? See my dilema?

Hear my prayer...Please help...Amen.