In a former job we used Novell GroupWise 5.5 and - after a few years - I amassed quite a bit of GW e-mails, which I archived before I left. By now GW has upgraded and I've moved on - with my archive.

The archived GW mail files are of the ilk xxxxxxxx.FD*, where the front part is a combination of 8 numerals & letters. Can someone please confirm that these are indeed GW5.5? (BTW, along with several thousand of these files, I have MSG.DB & USER.DB.)

I have seen available via the Internet a few utilities that purport to enable the conversion of GW files to (MS Office) Outlook (i.e., *.PST). Unfortunately, these require GroupWise to be installed on your machine, which I not only don't have - it seems to defeat the purpose (i.e., why would I need to convert if I have GW installed?).

Is anyone aware of any conversion utility that is truly "stand alone" (i.e., that does not require GW to be installed)?

Or, is anyone aware of any any service that - for a reasonable fee - I could send my archive (preferably electronically) and have the data converted and returned as PST for Outlook? I'd just like to be able to read the mail.

I hope this is the right forum to post this question.