We are running Groupwise Mobile Server 2.0.3 running in a VMware environment on Windows 2003 Enterprise.

For the past year, GMS has been running flawlessly. Yesterday, I noticed that the WEB PIM site was down. I couldn't get it running. I restarted the server with no luck.

If I look at my logs within the Admin Console, ever since the problem started, I have a ton of errors in the Server Activity Logs indicating:

Unable to create connection to secure gateway located at 127.0.0.1:80, server returned '404 Not Found'.

Last night, I snapshotted the Virtual Machine and tried reinstalling SP3 over the top. When I finished it, the GMS started accepting connections and distributing items to our phones. I still couldn't get to the WEB PIM though.

That was about 10PM. Phones stopped being able to connect to GMS today at 10AM so now we are back to where we were.

Then, we were getting the following error in the Server Activity log:

Unexpected failure detected: ComFailException

I restarted one more time, and then was back to the message:

Unable to create connection to secure gateway located at 127.0.0.1:80, server returned '404 Not Found'.

I saw a post talking about the TOMCAT GENWEB directory that was corrupted, and tried re-extracting the genweb.war file to a new GENWEB directory, but that didn't help.

Any thoughts anyone???