Hello,

I'm having trouble isolating a problem - my Internet access is running VERY slow...

I have a Bordermanager Service running BM3.8 on Netware 6.5 SP4 - proxy access as you'd expect... We have a full T-1 from AT&T... nothing seems to have changed with my configuration over the past 4 or 5 months, but my connection is getting slower and slower...

My place is a High School with about 150 machines connected at any given time... during the school day the connection is slower (a problem I'd attribute to traffic) but even when I'm just one of 4 or 5 using the system (evening, weekend) the connection is horrible.

If I connect my PC directly to my Internet connection (off the server) my connection seems to be just great, pages load quickly, files download quickly...

Its gotten to be if I need to download a large file, I wait until I get home so I can download it in 30 minutes on my cable modem rather than 4 hours at work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm starting to here rumblings of complaints from my staff and students...

Thanks in advance...