We are currently running Novell 6.5 SP 6 and IPrint iprntnw65sp6f on our network.

We have five computer labs. Four of the labs are "hard-wired" while the fifth one is a wireless lab cart.

The four "hard-wired" labs have had their default printer set to the printer located within that specific lab while the wireless lab is directed to the printer (connected via a wireless print-server card) located atop of the mobile lab cart.

All student users have volatile profiles which may have some bearing on this issue.

The default printer (as defined via IPP) for the four "hard-wired" labs always remains the same for those students who log in and out of the computers. The problem lies with the wireless lab. It seems we are constantly going through IPP to reset up the default printer to the wireless printer on the cart.

My question is this, is there any way to write a script, batch file, or other similar thing to ensure that when anybody logs onto one of the wireless laptops, they will always set up (if it doesn't exist already) the wireless printer on the cart. I know there was a way to do this through scripting in Windows Server but I don't know enough about IPP for this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.