I'm trying to connect a 32-bit Vista Ultimate workstation to our Novell NetWare 6 Server Version 5.60.05.

First I downloaded "Novell Client for Windows Vista 1.0.exe" and installed it on the vista workstation. On a "whim" I decided to try ZENworks Desktop Management (ZfDAgent.msi) that we currently use on our XP workstations. With both these installed I was able to log into our Novell server but then I had to also manually log into the local account on the vista workstation.

What I need is to be able to log into the Novell server and then at the same time Novell authenticates the user into the local machine, so that only one login is necessary. Since this is not what I was getting so I decided to uninstall the ZENworks Desktop Management and look for something compatible with Vista. I found ZENworks Configuration Management version 10. So I downloaded ZCM10_0_1.iso and burned it to a DVD. However when I try to run it on the vista Machine I get the error: "One or more ZENworks prerequisites have not been met... Unsupported Operating System... Your operating System (Microsoft Windows XP ( Service Pack 2) is not currently supported as a ZENworks Server."

I'm not sure exactly what this is trying to install but all I want is the Vista version of "ZfDAgent".

I've read that ZENworks Configuration Management is what I need for a Vista workstation. Can someone tell me how to get around the error? Or can anyone point me to the correct download so that a user can perform only one login to get into the Novell file server and into the Vista machine?

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum. Please feel free to move it if it is.

Thanks for any help,

Knute Ortiz
Systems Programmer
University of Wyoming College of Engineering