Hello!

I had DNS and DHCP running on a SLES 10 SP1 box. I put on OES 2 and everything is fine, but I want to move the DNS and DHCP to the new OES versions in eDir so I can manage them with iManager.

This is what I did.

DHCP: Since I don't have a ton of settings, I went into YaST and removed all the settings that were in there. I turned off dhcpd. I started iManager and put the settings back in. I started the server from iManager and noticed that the same dhcpd service started on the server. Everything works.

DNS: I went into YaST and removed all the settings. I started iManger and put the settings back in. I started the server in iManger and noticed that named did NOT start. (should it?) I cannot get anything to work. I can see all the objects in eDir but any A records I put in seem to not work.

Does anyone know (or can point me to a place) how the OES DNS and DHCP interact with the SLES 10 DNS and DHCP. It makes sense to use the same proven dhcpd and named modules, but how does it get the configuration from eDir to those programs?

One more question. Will the old java DNS/DHCP console from Netware work since everything is in eDir?

Thanks!

Matt