I am new to OES2 but not to Linux or Novell in general so I have done a lot of poking around and cannot figure out why this does not work. I am working to install AV software on our OES2 server which requires a LUM enabled eDir user associated with that server/workstation. This is the first time we have worked with LUM enabled users and it seemed to go fine at first. I can add a user to the container and a group and linux enable them fine. I do an LDAP query and my user comes back with good info (trimmed here):

uidNumber: 605
gidNumber: 603
homeDirectory: /home/30nails
loginShell: /bin/bash
uid: 30nails
fullName: 30nails
sn: 30nails
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: uamPosixUser

I can log in with the user after getting pam to authenticate with pam_nam.so and all is well there.

However when I run: id 30nails
I get: uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

This is obviously not the right UID or GID and the user definitely has root permissions when I log in. McAfee will not install with the user being root and I do not want this anyways. namuserlist returns the same thing showing uid=0 and gid=0.

The uid is 605 but was 603. I tried modifying it to see if that would work; which it didn't. I tried doing packet traces and set LDAP to non-SSL so I could see what was going on. It definitely queries the ldap server and the server responds seemingly fine. Not sure what it is specifically looking for but I could not see any auth errors or other such problems. The only thing I did notice is the ldap queries did not seem to contain a request for uidNumber or gidNumber but they did have uid (which is 30nails not the uidnumber).

Anybody seen this before? I do not want all my users with root permissions... Trying to emulate windows to well I guess ;)

This is on a fresh OES2 server x86_64 arch.