Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,849

    They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    A dedicated football fan has recreated his club's cup run on film using
    Lego.

    The story is at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7404816.stm

    Videos are at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVp1htA7es and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2KKDx6n_qw

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Joseph Marton NNTP User

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:14:28 +0000, Simon Flood wrote:

    > A dedicated football fan has recreated his club's cup run on film using
    > Lego.


    I'm confused... you say football yet this looks an awful lot like soccer.

    --
    Joe
    "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do."


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,849

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    On 20/05/2008 13:29, Joseph Marton wrote:

    > I'm confused... you say football yet this looks an awful lot like soccer.


    Sorry I was using the English language word "football"!
    --
    Simon

  4. #4
    Dave Taylor NNTP User

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    Joseph Marton <jmartonNO@SPAMhsemuni.com> wrote in
    newsan.2008.05.20.12.30.18.640236@SPAMhsemuni.com:

    > I'm confused... you say football yet this looks an awful lot like soccer.


    ^ find the American.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    Simon
    > Sorry I was using the English language word "football"!


    Yeah, how strange that we should use a word that reflects the way the
    game is played - with your feet

    Michael
    --
    "This is the curse of Jeff Murdoch. I meet the woman of my dreams and I
    can't take my trousers off."

  6. #6
    dan c. NNTP User

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    What about rugby football? Don't they use hands and arms in that?

    MichaelC wrote:
    > Simon
    >> Sorry I was using the English language word "football"!

    >
    > Yeah, how strange that we should use a word that reflects the way the
    > game is played - with your feet
    >
    > Michael


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,849

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    On 25/05/2008 21:31, dan c. wrote:

    > What about rugby football? Don't they use hands and arms in that?


    In English it's called rugby and I seem to remember from school that I
    used my legs an awful lot - for running away from bigger boys who for
    some reason wanted the ball I was stupidly holding. I mean if they'd
    have just asked I would've given it to them!
    --
    Simon

  8. #8
    dan c. NNTP User

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    Shame on them for being so impolite!

    Simon Flood wrote:
    > On 25/05/2008 21:31, dan c. wrote:
    >
    >> What about rugby football? Don't they use hands and arms in that?

    >
    > In English it's called rugby and I seem to remember from school that I
    > used my legs an awful lot - for running away from bigger boys who for
    > some reason wanted the ball I was stupidly holding. I mean if they'd
    > have just asked I would've given it to them!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Taylor View Post
    Joseph Marton <jmartonNO@SPAMhsemuni.com> wrote in
    newsan.2008.05.20.12.30.18.640236@SPAMhsemuni.com:

    > I'm confused... you say football yet this looks an awful lot like soccer.


    ^ find the American.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Then we start heading down the track of colour/color, imperial/metric, etc...

    I guess there has to be some people in the world who have to make things difficult and remain behind the times.... *angelic grin*

  10. #10
    Dave Taylor NNTP User

    Re: They know I do the slightly-odd thing

    ScorpionSting <ScorpionSting@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in
    news:ScorpionSting.3a3bdb@no-mx.forums.novell.com:

    > Dave Taylor;1562644 Wrote:
    >> Joseph Marton <jmartonNO@SPAMhsemuni.com> wrote in
    >> newsan.2008.05.20.12.30.18.640236@SPAMhsemuni.com:
    >>
    >> > I'm confused... you say football yet this looks an awful lot like

    >> soccer.
    >>
    >> ^ find the American.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ciao, Dave

    >
    > Then we start heading down the track of colour/color, imperial/metric,
    > etc...
    >
    > I guess there has to be some people in the world who have to make
    > things difficult and remain behind the times.... *angelic grin*


    And then it verges into politics which is banned, desite the new relaxed
    rules. ****it!

    --
    Ciao, Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •