Hi all,

I'm having a problem with WinXP and multiple redirectors. I have a number of clients which have been converted to an AD domain login with the option of running the NW client after login. For this to work I made the reg changes below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Network Provider\Initial Login]
"Login When NWGina Not Loaded"="no"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NetwareWorkstation\Parameters]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\NetworkProvider\HwOrder]
"ProviderOrder"="LanmanWorkstation,NetwareWorkstat ion,WebClient,NCredMgr,RDPNP"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\NetworkProvider\Order]
"ProviderOrder"="LanmanWorkstation,NetwareWorkstat ion,WebClient,NCredMgr,RDPNP"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NetwareWorkstation\NetworkProvider]

I have CIFS loaded on the NW servers - the CIFS server names are not the same as the NW name (in case that question comes up later).

The problem is that when a user logs in using the NW client and tries to access a NW server's volume via UNC, the workstation decides the NW server is a windows server and is either denied access or experiences other weird behaviour I won't bother you with here. If I change the redirector order so NetWareWorkstation is first, the workstation sees the NW server as a NW server and it seems ok.

Has anyone seen this or is there a best practice for running multiple redirectors jotted down somewhere?