Home

Thread: NC 4.91 SP4 can't see tree on NW6.5 OES2

NC 4.91 SP4 can't see tree on NW6.5 OES2

OK, I've recently updated a customer from NW 4.2 to NW 6.5 OES2. All but one of their XP machines are logging in fine (with a mixed bag of client versions, mostly 4.83).

However, I've got this one stubborn XP machine that won't see the tree. This machine is fully patched up, and I even removed the old client and installed the 4.91 SP4 client. Still can't see the tree. I can ping the server just fine, plus it makes a good connection to a Win2003 server that's also on the wire.

Ideas?

Thanks - Ralph

Re: NC 4.91 SP4 can't see tree on NW6.5 OES2

I had the same problem when I was using a computer over wireless. I switched to wired and was able to connect. I've switched back to wireless and have no more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchfury View Post
    I had the same problem when I was using a computer over wireless. I switched to wired and was able to connect. I've switched back to wireless and have no more problems.
    Hmmm - this one is wired only, and I even patched it into a known good jack where another PC was seeing the tree, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks - Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by hanahan View Post
    Hmmm - this one is wired only, and I even patched it into a known good jack where another PC was seeing the tree, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks - Ralph
    Have you tried 4.91 SP3?