Hi.

I am currently working on a Border Manager server runnig Netware 6.5 OEM
SP6 . BM bulid 3.9 SP1 - Proxy version 5.12.04
I upgraded BM to version 3.9 early in this fall (fall, 2007). Got everything cooking and working well. Approximately a month and a half ago, the server began abending with no obvious clue as to why. Deeper in the abend.log I found the statement:

THE CPU ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM EXECUTING CODE IN PROXY. NLM. THE PROBLEM MAY BE IN THAT MODULE OR IN DATA PASSED TO THAT MODULE BY A PROCESS OWNED BY SERVER.NLM.

No problem, looks like a simply proxy.nlm corruption. I deleted it (everything) and recreated the rule set. At the same time we upgraded BM to SP1. Brought everything back up and it appeared to be fine. A week later- the same thing. every 20 minutes or so, another abend with essentially the same error. One of my counterparts suggested that it may be corrupted cache volumes and to try re-creating them. Again, I did so, and it appeared to fix everything. A week or so later, same thing.

The only thing that has changed, and does coincide with this problem, is that we had loaded a ZEN 7 Image server on this BM server. We did so, because it had a massive data volume that we could store our images (we were running out of space on our actual ZEN server).

The other thing that I never noticed is that a MYSQL database is running at boot. I don't know if this is something BM loaded, or if the ZEN server loaded it. In any case, I would think MYSQL, APACHE, and TOMCAT would not play nicely together.

Any thoughts are greatly welcomed.
Thanks.
Terry